Share your life advices

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MentatsGhoul

Reaction score
I don't know if there's any thread like this already, but I couldn't find one. So apologies if I am unintentionally plagiarising someone. I thought it would be a good idea.

Use this thread to share some advices or sayings that you have found to be true in your life with others. Might be long or short, deep or silly, whatever, it's your life man. Just share some of your wisdom with others.

I'll start, though, I'm a bit of an idiot so I don't have many
- Don't compare your problems to other people's. Sure, there's a lot to be said about being thankful for what you have and not over dramatising things. But if you get into the mentality of neglecting your own problems just because there are starving children in Africa and you feel guilty for complaining about your boring office job, don't. Don't be so hard on yourself. If you're suffering, that's enough of a reason to seek help, no matter the degree. It doesn't make you weaker than anyone else. Besides, you never know the full extent of someone's issues. Sometimes people who seem to have far bigger problems than you also have more coping mechanisms to make it easier, and everyone has different desires and weaknesses. And this goes without saying, but someone out there is ALWAYS gonna have it worse than you, and that's not a bad thing (least, not for you). Bottom line is, don't feel like you're useless because someone out there may have it worse and you already struggle with your current problems.

- Give people a chance. We all idealise the type of friends we want as these wonderful people who have all the common interests as we do and bring new opportunities into our lives. But sometimes, that guy you thought was weird and a bit annoying might end up becoming your closest friend, while that enigmatic interesting character you were instantly drawn to might end up being a total ******. In fact, that seems to be the case more often than not

- Don't take people who insult you seriously. More often than not, they're just testing the waters to see if they can get to you.

In the interest of not being an idiot anymore, I'd like to hear some of yours :D

Latest posts

Back