I have found something that is bringing me joy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paraiyar

Since I got back from Europe I've started to learn German but I had to put it off quite a bit while I was studying some Economics papers. I've been getting really into it recently.

Two days ago I discovered Duolingo and since I've started using it to learn German I feel like the the rate I'm advancing at have quadrupled.

And the best part is I'm feeling this sudden feeling of extreme joy whenever I practice and this has been really intensified with the discovery of this program. Honestly I haven't felt so good about an interest in a long time.

I'm just grateful to have found something else to help make each day less of a grind and more joy filled.

I can relate to this feeling. Recently I have come around to be at peace with the skill sets that i have accumulated over the duration of my career. So I was always reaching out for more but now have been able to isolate a small but relatively whole and independent part which I can work end-to-end. Doesnt matter if its a niche but the point that I can handle the entire thing on my own and believe I can gain a certain level of mastery is liberating in a way and has given me a lot of joy. Wanted to share this piece that sort of combines the doable with completeness and wholeness - not sure am making much sense maybe will be able to better explain the feeling possibly sometime later when I have absorbed the meaning of this in its entirety.

I thought you've been using Duolingo all along! I was using it from the beginning but recently stopped studying due to busy work schedules. Then I just never restarted it.

Memrise is another free website that is similar to Duolingo, but a little different with their teaching methods. You could try that one too. I used both Duolingo and Memrise when I was learning German.

Latest posts

Back