Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the things that infuriate you the most from society?
That people want the quick, magic solution to everything. HOW TO GET RICH, HOW TO WIN INDEFINITELY AT JEOPARDY, HOW TO GET ALL WOMEN TO TALK TO YOU.....

As if such things even exist at all. Hard work, getting well read, finding the right people, luck and never giving up. There, those are the real answers. There are no magic fix-its.

It's getting more widespread; just look at the joke online dating is, for example. Automated algorithms, etc. WHO NEEDS TO EVEN ORGANICALLY TALK TO PEOPLE ANYMORE? WE'LL DO IT FOR YOU1111! AND 100%, FIND YOU A STABLE RELATIONSHIP.

Bull.shit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
- People who decide that you're not good enough for them just because you have a physical or mental disability that makes you a little bit 'different' - regardless of its level of severity.

- People who spit acid at anybody who dares to have an opposing opinion.

- People who get their jollies off of bullying.

There are loads I can think if - but those are the first that spring to mind.
To quote a popular werewolf film - 'Everyone's cursed.  It's called life'
Coldness. So many people these days are broke and unhappy. Crime has increased dramatically globally, and it reflects in our attitudes towards others these days. I like to consider myself a trusting person, but I've been burned on many occasions which tends to make a little frustrated at times.
(03-25-2019, 02:10 AM)Raph Wrote: Coldness. So many people these days are broke and unhappy. Crime has increased dramatically globally, and it reflects in our attitudes towards others these days. I like to consider myself a trusting person, but I've been burned on many occasions which tends to make a little frustrated at times.

That part about crime increasing dramatically on a global level simply isn't true at all, certainly not in regards to violent crime. Violence has been declining for a long time and there are fewer civilian deaths from armed conflict than ever. I know a lot of Western Europe has seen violent crime increases in recent years from immigration but that is still on a much, much smaller scale than most of human history. For the first time in history you are more likely to die from suicide than murder.
People who work the system. I was dating a guy and discovered he was on disability for a back injury and received a hefty chunk of money from SSI. One day, he decided to get a job at a local auto shop and managed to talk the employer into paying him cash "under the table" so he wouldn't lose his disability benefits. He gave a sob story about needing the money and then award-winning performances of a man in excruciating back pain when he was out and about and at work so he wouldn't have to do too much. Once he got home, he was laying new floor tiles, putting in a countertop in his kitchen and all kinds of things that proved there was nothing wrong with him. Next, he applied for EBT (food stamps) and got it! When I questioned him, he smiled and said, "I've got no shame in my game." This irritated me to no end because there I was struggling to make rent and put gas in my car and food on my table doing honest work part-time, and he was living it up on government benefits that he was lying through his teeth to get. He wanted me to apply for SSI using depression as a "disability." I was appalled, left immediately, and never returned. I hate to hear about people who do things like this. It's not clever, it's fraud, and it's illegal.

(03-10-2019, 05:57 PM)Enpatsu No Shakugan Wrote: That people want the quick, magic solution to everything. HOW TO GET RICH, HOW TO WIN INDEFINITELY AT JEOPARDY, HOW TO GET ALL WOMEN TO TALK TO YOU.....

As if such things even exist at all. Hard work, getting well read, finding the right people, luck and never giving up. There, those are the real answers. There are no magic fix-its.

It's getting more widespread; just look at the joke online dating is, for example. Automated algorithms, etc. WHO NEEDS TO EVEN ORGANICALLY TALK TO  PEOPLE ANYMORE? WE'LL DO IT FOR YOU1111! AND 100%, FIND YOU A STABLE RELATIONSHIP.

Bull.shit.

YES!! There are no shortcuts- do the work.
People who riot when things don't go their way.
To quote a popular werewolf film - 'Everyone's cursed.  It's called life'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things that I should have been taught when I was a child DanMann 27 3,113 11-02-2017, 04:34 AM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  Oh boy, the things loneliness makes you do... MissLonely79 35 6,107 03-13-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: MissLonely79
  7 Things People with Emotional Toughness Do Differently EveWasFramed 21 7,896 08-18-2016, 02:35 AM
Last Post: Mick Travis
  Have you ever felt that things about the world were turning you ugly on the inside? Paraiyar 7 3,150 07-11-2016, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Niantiel
  Things you should not tell a grieving person edamame721 1 1,744 03-19-2016, 12:13 AM
Last Post: AmytheTemperamental
  Things You Regret You Did Sci-Fi 47 15,786 03-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  Things you want to happen in 2014 Triple Bogey 43 8,333 10-31-2015, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Triple Bogey
  list 5 things you are looking forward to this year ! Triple Bogey 9 4,014 10-16-2015, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Triple Bogey
  Do people really pay for the bad things they do. Eliraven 19 5,646 10-07-2015, 02:24 AM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  Things in the past that you have regret? Chris 2 15 4,423 09-12-2015, 07:05 AM
Last Post: MisunderstoodVacancy