Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the things that infuriate you the most from society?
If I say then it will be against forum rules.
Well, you can PM me if you have more to say. I'm genuinely curious about the matter.
Trading our freedom for convenience. I think the risks are too high, and we'll all burn for it. /cryptic
----------------------
I suppose it's sexier to be outright evil than to just be incompetent at being good.- mintymint
Down with the regime!

If you're heavily invested in being angry and you believe every battle is a battle worth fighting, you'll never run out of topics and people to infuriate you.

This thread's title sounds like an invitation to a circular firing squad.

-Teresa
En la boca cerrada no entran moscas.
This topic? More precisely, angry inflated rage, which appears to be on the rise. People moving toward political extremes to assert their identities cause they're bored.
Might as well now say what makes me the angriest: Double Standards.

It doesn't matter what they're about, even if it involves taboos, every time people feel the need to criticize, punish or even hurt others more than other actions or groups, because one is more "acceptable" than the other, like political correctness, it makes me want to knock some sense out of people.

With the way things are going, even the concepts that aren't popular will become more tolerable in the future, so why can't people accept them now or, at least, make them flexible? I wish society could react more logically than emotionally when they see and/or hear something they don't like, but alas, they're humans, pretty much the most emotional animal in existence. Not to mention, we're living in a time where everybody likes to censor stuff and gets offended for everything, yeah, like if that's going to help.
(03-02-2016, 02:18 PM)ardour Wrote: People moving toward political extremes to assert their identities cause they're bored.
Because they're bored? Hmm, you really believe that?
"But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."
-- Lewis Carrol, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
(03-02-2016, 06:15 AM)AnonymousMe Wrote: You could PM me too if you want to.
I'm not sure you'd understand my frustrations.
But I'll try to put it into terms that won't get me moderated.

Ignorance, close-mindedness, and apathy. These are the three most basic traits of society that I believe are destroying humanity. And I see these things everywhere I go and in everything that I do. And it constantly infuriates me to no end.
And it doesn't make me angry that people don't know any better. It makes me angry that there are solutions for these problems but people just don't even want to try them, and they make up every excuse imaginable, including justifying it.

That is what pains me the most. They justify it. They justify their ignorance. They justify their close-mindedness. And they justify their apathy.

I have pretty much given up on humanity for these reasons. This is all one of the reasons why I feel a never-ending loneliness now. The main reason why the rest of humanity feels so alien to me.
"But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."
-- Lewis Carrol, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
The fact that it cannibalizes itself for short-term pleasure.
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things that I should have been taught when I was a child DanMann 27 3,375 11-02-2017, 04:34 AM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  Oh boy, the things loneliness makes you do... MissLonely79 35 6,477 03-13-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: MissLonely79
  7 Things People with Emotional Toughness Do Differently EveWasFramed 21 8,103 08-18-2016, 02:35 AM
Last Post: Mick Travis
  Have you ever felt that things about the world were turning you ugly on the inside? Paraiyar 7 3,259 07-11-2016, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Niantiel
  Things you should not tell a grieving person edamame721 1 1,794 03-19-2016, 12:13 AM
Last Post: AmytheTemperamental
  Things You Regret You Did Sci-Fi 47 16,202 03-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Last Post: TheSkaFish
  Things you want to happen in 2014 Triple Bogey 43 8,741 10-31-2015, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Triple Bogey
  list 5 things you are looking forward to this year ! Triple Bogey 9 4,076 10-16-2015, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Triple Bogey
  Do people really pay for the bad things they do. Eliraven 19 5,729 10-07-2015, 02:24 AM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  Things in the past that you have regret? Chris 2 15 4,563 09-12-2015, 07:05 AM
Last Post: MisunderstoodVacancy