Advice for on the spot self-confidence when interviewing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unalome

Reaction score
I'm currently looking for a job and hence have been going to several interviews, none of which I have been successful for.

I have really low self confidence/esteem and hate talking about myself as it is, but I really try hard with interviews because I want a job.
I try to fake confidence as much as I can in my actions; I shake people's hands, smile, make small talk at the appropriate times and look people in the eye.

But I feel where I am going wrong is answering questions about myself.
I think I can sell myself well on paper and that is why I often get asked for interviews, but I get time to think about what I'm going to write in a letter, I get the time to summon up the confidence! But when on the spot and asked a question I've not prepared for in the actual interview, I always give a rubbish answer!

So I was wondering if anyone has any tips to help me 'big myself up' at interviews, and convey my skills across effectively?

Thank you in advance :)

Maybe try and think about all the good things you have ever accomplished in your head over and over again and use it to try and psych yourself up. Not sure if that will help but I've found it difficult to give people good advice on this.

I was in the same boat as you and searching for a solution i read a personal review article about shyness and social anxiety system and seems intersting to me .I dont know what to think because everithing seems like an advertisment on the internet but i gave it a try at *link removed* and i couldn,t be more excited about the results as now i have self confidence in me, i am happy positive etc .The article was very helpful for me hope it will help you

Go into the bathroom right beforehand and do 15-20 really quick body squats and stand in a superman pose with your chest puffed out for a few minutes. I'm not sure if it will help on the verbal parts but the added confidence would probably help. I learned that from this ted talk. The body squats are a thing I picked up from Tim Ferris somewhere. I do both of these before any big interview or big thing that I have to do.

[youtube]Ks-_Mh1QhMc[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back