So sick of the worlds petty problems

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stork_error

Reaction score
Is anyone else fed up with hearing about the worlds petty problems? Im so tired of my facebook full of posts about human stupidity. Im not talking about stupid things that friends do, I'm talking about stupid things that the world is doing.

Really, is this the best we can do as human beings?

I'm going to have to disconnect my internet because its getting ridiculous lately.

Sometimes I want to post " oh shut the f*** up "

I feel you on that one, stork_error. I pay attention to current events but I've gone on a "news diet" a few times. For a week or so I watched and read zero news stories and stayed off social media too. Funny thing is, I kind of liked those breaks! :)

-Teresa

it never ceases to amaze me the things people will post on FB for just about anyone to see
whats worse is the measures that are being taken to protect people from their own stupidity
Once upon a time you could go to these economy photo labs and print out just about any picture from FB even if it wasnt your FB

#Oscarssowhite.

Anyone who is in the movie industry is so privileged it is almost embarrassing for them to complain.

Paraiyar said:
What are we defining as petty things exactly?

RACE RELIGION SEXUALITY

Why are these even issues? No, I know why... but why are humans so stupid to make them issues?

Hello, our planet is being destroyed. Yes, the place where you all live.

Its like a couple arguing about land taxes inside a house that is on fire.

stork_error said:
Is anyone else fed up with hearing about the worlds petty problems? Im so tired of my facebook full of posts about human stupidity. Im not talking about stupid things that friends do, I'm talking about stupid things that the world is doing.

Really, is this the best we can do as human beings?

I'm going to have to disconnect my internet because its getting ridiculous lately.

Sometimes I want to post " oh shut the f*** up "
You know, I tried to see the value in social media, but eventually I left.

What made me not spend a lot of time on the internet though was events that happened in the internet after the beginning of the GamerGate controversy. Things have gotten more toxic than before in sites I like to hang out at like YouTube, and one person I'm subscribed to, along with many others, are fearful that what's been happening up to this point has negatively affected those who are, well, sane.

So I guess everyone's in denial, and no one wants to embrace their own reality, that's how I see it. Me, I choose not to care about them or anything they care about, and I've been doing so for a long time.

It amazes me though how much time so many people spend on Social Media now. I mean, it's come to the point where more people spend more time on there than I do surfing the web; what in the world were they doing that caused them to act like what they are now?

stork_error said:
Its like a couple arguing about land taxes inside a house that is on fire.
An apt analogy, I think.

And I really have no choice but to agree with you. Humanity seems to have a morbid curiosity for their own death, to the point that they almost seek it out. A fetish for their own mortality.
As if living in peace is somehow too foreign of an idea for them to even imagine, so they radicalize and sensationalize everything and even act on those feelings simply in order to ensure the world's problems never go away.

And I just sit there, utterly amazed by the sheer stupidity of it all, and it makes me sink back and basically want to live in a cave for the rest of my life. I mean I can literally imagine living in the mountains somewhere with absolutely no contact with the rest of humanity. The thought of it is just so... blissful.

People are my problem.

---

My theory: people focus on petty issues so they can avoid the serious issues.
All of that is hard, so blame whoever else and focus on something immediate.

Fixing the world is scary and would require sacrifice and trust.

You can't have action on big issues without consensus, something that would require a shared values or politics the great majority could agree on. For example a lot of people, particularly in the US, would not agree with you that the "earth is dying" ie. that global warming and ecological destruction is real.

Sometimes I think we would rather not discuss important things out of fear of offending friends with differing values/opinions. Since, most of us don't have friends to spare, it's understandable, if cowardly. Safer to talk about the inconsequential stuff.

Dawn Jellyfish said:
My theory: people focus on petty issues so they can avoid the serious issues.
All of that is hard, so blame whoever else and focus on something immediate.

Fixing the world is scary and would require sacrifice and trust.

I like this response.

But honestly though, is killing the planet really that big of an issue too? I mean, if we're all dead eventually due to an uninhabitable planet, who is alive to care? Sure we can be more green, humans are extremely wasteful. Petty problems though, I think it would depend on who you talk to.

ardour said:
You can't have action on big issues without consensus
You can, though. There are numerous political ideologies that don't really involve democracy.
In fact we all live in one right now. How else would our governments ever accomplish anything? Any of you actually believe your "votes" matter to national agencies? Sorry to tell you but that is a bit naive. The governments have proven time and time again that they do whatever they want to do, with or without the people's permission.

ardour said:
Sometimes I think we would rather not discuss important things out of fear of offending friends with differing values/opinions. Since, most of us don't have friends to spare, it's understandable, if cowardly. Safer to talk about the inconsequential stuff.
Maybe that is why I have no friends. I rarely stop to care what people think about what I have to say.

Not that I feel bad about it, though. I'm fine with how things are. I don't need friends, but I do need my beliefs.

---

I agree. I've been thinking of this for a looong time now. You log on to facebook, or youtube, or anywhere on the internet that isn't dedicated to a certain topic and all you hear is "gender pronouns" that and "racism" this. And I'm NOT necessarily saying that these aren't legitimate issues or things society shouldn't discuss. But you CAN'T avoid them now, and if you choose to prioritise different things in your life, fight different fights, then you're a privileged ******* and part of the problem. Well if you honestly believe that... I don't see YOU looking at human rights abuses, actual "patriarchies" that are oppressive towards women in certain parts of the world and climate change. But sure, you're such a **** hero for constantly bringing up "micro-aggressions" and white male privilege in the wests...

Well, I don't do selphies, I don't have an account on FB.

I think they deleted half of the stuff I had there and I won't be concerned on the things PPL shared. For instance, a couple of times I criticized my own daughter, and I noticed her anger and my Ex wife didn't back up what said supprting my concerns: If she showed how sexy she is, If she showed where she lives, she could be seized, raped or lured into an unsafe relationship... But my views aren't ppl thoughts and I'm detached enough from troublemakes. 😞

Here's another resurrected, batman

😉

Here's another resurrected, batman

😉

Latest posts

Back