Thought Deleted

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairmonster12

Reaction score
I was wondering. Does anyone else type out a thread or reply, and not post it, because of anxiety? I've found myself doing this quite often. right now, in fact. I'm not gonna post this.

Sometimes I don't post something to avoid a pointless conflict. I take it that this isn't what you mean by anxiety?

Sometimes I want to post something but it gets all tangled up and I end up not posting it because I think that it might not be comprehensible.

I want to write things but I end up deleting it because I don't want to get banned from here !

Hairmonster12 said:
I was wondering. Does anyone else type out a thread or reply, and not post it, because of anxiety? I've found myself doing this quite often. right now, in fact. I'm not gonna post this.

Anxiety over people misunderstanding you or reacting negatively? I've held back on submitting posts because of those reasons.

All the time. I get that in everyday life too on a different level, turn around and...what was I going to say? Thought deleted.

Yeah. I'd say at least 50% of my posts end up never seeing the light of day, because I just feel I wasn't clear enough, or said something that might cause conflicts unintentionally, because people on the internet apparently need every last detail spelled out for them and will take any minor chance to get in a fight with you

Yes. It tends to take me quite a while to write up a response, and when I read it over, I just can't bring myself to post sometimes.

Maybe you think that its not the corect one and maybe thats way you delete it .Maybe you have a fear of criticism

Should I refrain from posting something it's because the idea has been discarded in the very first seconds before I even got started. I have posted next to everything I had actually typed out so far, simply by telling myself that it would a wasted effort, considering that I had already invested time.

I have moments when I consider something just not worth it. Either because nobody would get anything out of it or because it would be like putting out fires with gasoline.

Yes.. some times I've felt that I don't have the energy to deal with the response that may (or may not) come, maybe because I got other things going on. It's also happened that I wrote longer posts based on something occupying my thoughts then and there, but then suddenly the whole thing doesn't feel relevant or important anymore.

I do occasionally refrain from posting, even after having started to write. It's not related to anxiety in my case though. It's more about being able to write something meaningful. And if I don't get it right, (perhaps my initial plan for a response were too vague), then I'll not bother.

Paraiyar said:
Sometimes I don't post something to avoid a pointless conflict. I take it that this isn't what you mean by anxiety?

I'd say that avoiding conflict could be called anxiety, or perhaps anxiety prevention... so yeah, that fits my definition of anxiety

Hairmonster12 said:
THAT'S TOTALLY ME, LIKE SERIOUSLY. There's a section on deviantArt called "Help With Life" and once in awhile I like to share my thoughts with people there on what they should do with certain problems they may have. On one hand, I feel confident about my response, but later on, I feel like I shouldn't discuss it with them.

There were a few times where I tried to delete it only to see that they've already responded which left me with no choice but to leave it there. They were all nice responses, but they taught me that there's nothing wrong with trying to be helpful. Even if the response doesn't help as much, it's nice to know that people still appreciate your kindness and compassion, and you don't feel so awkward after that.

There will also be times where it may not matter whether you've had similar experiences or not, and whatever you say may still be helpful. I've seen examples of this on that section in deviantArt before.

Regardless, there are people here who are more than willing to help you. But we will respect your decision to not post your thoughts if you don't feel comfortable expressing them openly for any reason. If you also feel like that maybe you should private message someone you know you can trust, I think that's fine too. I've been in the position before myself. Back in the last forum I was part of, we had a Therapy Thread where people would talk about their problems (it was like a miniature version of this website), and I've had a couple of people talk to me about their troubles.

Just keep in mind that I'm not a licensed Therapist or anything okay? There are just times where I like to help people. At the very least, I try to make them feel good enough that it takes off some of the stress.

Sometimes. I feel uncomfortable posting to forums to be honest. I have an irrational fear or social anxiety when it comes to posting online so I don't talk too often and when I do I'm always left wondering if what I said came out correctly. Either that or I constantly delete and re-edit my post until it's smaller in length.

Latest posts

Back