Work Crap

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolelt

The Handler
Reaction score
I don't have internet at home so I need to catch up on forum stuff but first, I just need to rant. It seems to make me feel better, so here it goes.

I feel like I am going to loose it. Last week I found out my grandfather has stomach cancer. A week ago he was in Florida playing golf, cancer free, too his entire stomach, half the esophagus, and we think his liver too. There is no treatment, and my grandfather decided instead of doing the treatment that will prolong his life for 6 months to a year, he is just going to “stay comfortable”. I really don’t blame him, I understand his decision and support him 100%.

But with this, I feel like every time I have gone over there to visit him, it’s to say goodbye, and it is depressing. So I will admit, I haven’t been in the best mood.

But this week has been so dramatic with people, I am going to snap.

Monday, I had to lay down the law with my students, we are all wanting out of here and to go on spring break, they have just been crazy. So I did my speech, made them feel bad to the point I got apology letters. I hate doing that, so Monday, wasn’t that great. Of course, I have made a few enemies, been called a ***** a few times, and there is a rumor that I am going to quit my job, but whatever I guess.

Tuesday, second day of laying down the law, I wrote up 4 kids. One ended up in a suspension, and two were kids that I don’t have in class, but are in FFA, and trying to take advantage of me. All of it together was just a crap ton of drama.

So Wednesday, I woke up like, “It’s going to be a good day”. I get to school early for a teacher’s meeting, and at 7:40 am (meeting is at 7:50) a parent calls me to ask about what I am going to do about her son’s FFA project this week. I told her he has since January to do this project this project, that is due tomorrow. She said, “One would think as an instructor that you be working hard this week to get it done.” Well, every night this week I have had a meeting after school. I have stayed after school every Monday and Wednesday for the past 2 months until 5 pm for kids to come work on their projects, and he never showed up. Her comment just ruined my day.

So today, again, got up, ready for a decent day, and nope. One of the student that I wrote up on Tuesday, told their parents that I am spreading rumors about him, and my principal had to address it. Which I told her I was not, I haven’t talked about that student to anyone, but that I have heard students talking about them in my classes. Ugh.

What’s in store for tomorrow I wonder. I usually am strong with this stuff, but I am mentally exhausted.

Nicolelt said:
But with this, I feel like every time I have gone over there to visit him, it’s to say goodbye, and it is depressing. So I will admit, I haven’t been in the best mood.What’s in store for tomorrow I wonder. I usually am strong with this stuff, but I am mentally exhausted.

I am very sorry to hear it. My mom died of stomach cancer which had spread to the esophagus. It was 8 weeks of hell and I had to work and absolutely no one cut me the slightest break at all.

If there is anyway to take time off I would look into it. Also I might let a few people know at work. Though that made things worse as some people were jerks about it, it saved me from adverse job actions when those same bullies pushed too far. My mom took treatment and 8 weeks of hell commenced. At a certain point I was just in pure "react" mode. I hope that his choice not to take treatment means things will be better.

I think I was strong at work, so strong I refrained from hitting my boss, but that made it so little leaks of anger would fly out.

Nicolelt I am really sorry about your grandfather. It is so painful when a loved one is dying and my heart goes out to you and your family. And Lady Daria-I am shocked that your workplace was not supportive at all when your mum was dying. I agree with your advice to the op to see if she can take some time off work.

Latest posts

Back