Negativity of others + stress + lack of "life" = depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSolitaryMan

Reaction score
Figured "depression" was as good a place to post this as any, I guess.

To be honest, lately I've just been feeling really down. Weirdly, it's almost a "good" thing.

I'm being really productive at work, but it's because I just don't really give a crap about my life outside work anymore. I'm not sure I even really have a life outside work.

I go to work, stay anywhere from 12-16 hours a day, then I come home, exercise and sleep. Sometimes I work on weekends, sometimes I don't.

Even so, found out recently that my boss seems to consider me lazy (because a senior co-worker seems to think I'm inefficient and lazy and so tells him this behind my back, which is total BS).

So that's made it worse. I'm basically just trying to work longer and harder than anyone else now just as a "f*** you" to this co-worker. I should probably tell my boss that I feel I'm misrepresented by this guy, but frankly I feel like it's not worth it. Everything I say seems to get misinterpreted (and my other colleagues feel this happens to them too with other issues) and that makes things worse.

Outside work, everything remains the same. Doesn't matter how hard I try to work on developing some kind of social/personal life, it gets nowhere. Apparently feeling like this is a sign of depression?

I think I've been on first dates with about 6 girls this year and never got a second, even if the girl claimed to want to see me again. So now, I just feel like every date I get is just a lead-on that'll hit a dead end.

And frankly, even getting dates is rare: most dates I get are through online sites, because I just don't get the chance to get out and actually meet people.

Gah, I dunno. Splurge of negativity, I apologise. But basically my co-workers talk crap about me even when I'm getting a lot of good results, my love life is absolutely DOA and my only friends are the remaining 1-2 colleagues that I can actually stand being around. Things just suck :(

The thing with the boss/co-worker - how do you know this, something been said to you?

Routine can definitely be a source of depression, though a false source of depression. I bet if you were happy with your job, working 12-16 hour days you wouldn't come home depressed. You might even be happy to have done a meaningful 12 hour shift.

As about the lies of your work ethic, speak up. It IS worth it. Though, tact is probably required (and I don't mean sly, I mean professionalism)

Dating... okay, let me talk about your 2 friends first. What caught my attention was that you said they are the only ones you can stand anymore. So, are people the problem or... Now let's go back to dating... where is the problem? I'll agree with the lack of time. If you're a busy professional person, chances are that you are also looking for a busy professional. That makes things doubly difficult. I have nothing to say to that except, don't take it personal, keep trying. Unless, of course, the problem isn't just time.

ardour said:
The thing with the boss/co-worker - how do you know this, something been said to you?

Yeah. Guy got back from chatting with my boss, all of a sudden my boss wants to meet and talk about my lack of work. Basically right afterwards...

Regumika...I find it awkward to explain, but I guess the girls I've met lately just seem "immature". Flakey, unreliable, playing mind-games etc.

Like right now there's some girl that keeps saying she likes me (and even sends suggestive photos to me), but she clearly has a BF so that's a huge waste of time.

Can't seem to just meet anyone sensible or normal :\

Latest posts

Back