Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes a true friend?
Are None....

as long as someone is not put out, the flow is great...once adversity comes through the door....love goes out the window....

been in a jail for a suspended license I did not know...(ticket from another state followed me) and loved one let me rot for the night...

Had a cancer scare and another relationship said it was too much for her...\

be content with yourself, make good memories with others, but make sure you are taken care of $$$ wise because people fold on you when you go broke...
Friendliness makes a person a true friend.
It's complicated IMO what makes a true friend, but this I do know - you'll be lucky if you find one or two in your lifetime. I think in reality most of society would be part of ALL if the clouded distraction of entertainment was lifted, among other things.
Trust & respect are very important in making a true friendship. If they can't be established or are broken, then there won't be a real friendship there.
(04-02-2016, 02:45 PM)ChocolateMoose Wrote: What's your "definition" of a great/true friend? How can you tell if a friend is a good one? Need some opinions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly it's hard to tell, I don't know.
[Image: dapulo34998.png]
There are many things what makes a true friend for me but if I would have to say it ''shortly'':

* Accepts you as who you are without trying to change you, you can be yourself without any shame.
* Have a deep bond & connection with, it's more ''effortless'', smooth and natural. (though, there's always few bumps on the road in every friendship sometimes..)
* Love in platonic way like he/she is part of your family.
* You both can cry and laugh together and even after a fight it's all back to normal again.
* When you fall down, they lift you up and vice versa.
* You can call or send a message to him/her at any time. (of course he/she has own life to live but a true friend is always there for you and vice versa)
* You can be ''raw'' and vulnerable with this person, show the real emotions, feelings and thoughts without the fear of getting judged.
* If there's any criticism, it's not because the person hates or dislikes you, but because he/she really cares for your well-being.
* Even after many weeks, months or years (in some rare cases) without seeing/talking each other, when you finally meet it's like the time hasn't changed.

There's some... I could go on and on, lol but better to not make the list too long.
Loyalty = Friendship
If i murdered someone and called an acquintance, they'd bring a police officer.

If i murdered someone and called my friend, they'd bring a shovel.

Friendship is loyalty.
Making good friends nowadays it is very difficult, but I am sure when you make one close to you, you will feel that is a good friend, because care about you, he/she is interested to know questions about you work, family, and health, besides when you need something important he/she will try to help you to get those things. For sure you will feel that you share hobbies intuitively and you will have the same goals as him/her.
A true friend imo is somebody you can call at 3am when you're having a meltdown and they will listen to you as long as you need them to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best kind of friend is quiet and not too assertive? humourless 2 261 03-30-2019, 08:53 PM
Last Post: humourless
  I can't make friends at work and it makes my days super hard lovableplatypus 14 3,237 03-03-2019, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Greenish
  Social media makes things awkward OverTheRainbow 9 1,789 04-17-2018, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Jackalope
  Friend hasn't responded to me in 1 month...am i ghosted? Northern Lights 10 2,742 04-21-2017, 03:54 PM
Last Post: pinocio
  Sick friend Tiina63 9 4,494 12-08-2016, 05:20 AM
Last Post: AlexD
  What is a friend? miadora 4 2,772 10-20-2016, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Oldyoung
  Friend leaving me out of convo about FB post jashley 11 3,230 06-20-2016, 04:10 PM
Last Post: handheart
  Friend hid FB post from me, hugged everyone but me jashley 14 4,852 06-19-2016, 05:46 PM
  Friend seems to dislike me jashley 15 5,627 06-19-2016, 05:43 PM
  So, I need to confront my friend about some issues, but... LongWolfFang 13 5,727 05-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Last Post: VentVentVent