Don't enjoy anything

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cognitive

Reaction score
Does anyone here feel that almost everything they once enjoyed just doesn't do anything anymore? Its like there is no meaning, no point. Just emptiness.

cognitive said:
Does anyone here feel that almost everything they once enjoyed just doesn't do anything anymore? Its like there is no meaning, no point. Just emptiness.

Yes. But I am not sure it is depression more likely reality.

I used to enjoy movies and I couldn't imagine that I wouldn't always, but, now I don't. Because most movies (or stories) involve things that have happened to me. Entire wings of movies are not attractive to me anymore because they touch on a bad memory for me. Such as, someone dying from cancer. I know the reality. A legal courtroom drama... not interesting as I know the reality. Now have to carefully screen what I am about to watch to make sure it won't upset me.

I used to enjoy eating but now, I know too much. I know how bad most ingredients are for you and how hard it is to find things that work properly.

When I was a kid I used to have "hope" and that hope can be considered "ignorance" because the "more you know" the more life is depressing.

See the thread waiting to die.

That's an interesting perspective, I hadn't thought about it that way. Thanks for sharing Sutton.

LonelySutton said:

I used to enjoy movies and I couldn't imagine that I wouldn't always, but, now I don't. Because most movies (or stories) involve things that have happened to me. Entire wings of movies are not attractive to me anymore because they touch on a bad memory for me. Such as, someone dying from cancer. I know the reality. A legal courtroom drama... not interesting as I know the reality. Now have to carefully screen what I am about to watch to make sure it won't upset me.

I used to enjoy eating but now, I know too much. I know how bad most ingredients are for you and how hard it is to find things that work properly.

When I was a kid I used to have "hope" and that hope can be considered "ignorance" because the "more you know" the more life is depressing.

It can very well be depression.

And in my case, there isn't always a reason I can think of. Sometimes, it can be days, weeks, months... I really can't find enjoyment in anything.

cognitive said:

I sometimes feel like that. Hug.

LonelySutton said:

I'm in that boat. Everything has come down to being the same thing over and over again. It's all just motions and no meaning. Even the things I like to do end up getting screwed up. Like I love planting stuff but mother nature is being a pain in the butt. Once again we are getting below freezing temps and messing with the plants. Quit killing my cherries! They only happen once a year and late freezes keep attacking!

Going to work is such a bore. I just follow the motions and then I go back home.

blackdot said:
I'm in that boat. Everything has come down to being the same thing over and over again. It's all just motions and no meaning. Even the things I like to do end up getting screwed up.

Lately there seems to be this kind of half arsing it on everything and that ruins things for me. They other day I submitted something for reimbursement. I included the bill which was detailed. I get a call from them and they leave a voicemail, can you contact us? I contact them, they aren't there, back and forth. Finally they reject the claim for failure to provide a detailed bill. I call again, not there. Finally I write an e-mail and tell them that I provided a detailed bill and I don't appreciate this "phone tag" bull. Then they processed it. Utter waste of time. I spend my days running around nagging people to do what they should have the first time.

I haven't really been able to travel since 2012 when I went to Chicago. The reason, even though I took a flight in July at 11 AM on a sunny day, we got diverted because of a thunderstorm. Why ? because my idiot fellow passengers simply would NOT board the flight and the stupid airline accommodated them. The plane was late -- leading to a 4 hour delay. I have to say, that really shook me. Now I know that stupid people can really mess up my plans. It is hard to look forward to travel when I can't look forward to my trip.

Everything is an aggravation but sitting on my couch.

cognitive said:
That's an interesting perspective, I hadn't thought about it that way. Thanks for sharing Sutton.

I think sutton makes an interesting point as well for no loner having the same interests, however in my experience it most likely means not getting out of bed eating only once a day asking yourself why bother doing anything...Personally for me i just see life as being extremely boring...You go to school get a job to support your gf/bf or wife/husband maybe kids and than you pass away...It seems like really similar routines each day in and out and it somehow just loses its meaning...It's even worse for those individuals who have a hard time finding/keeping a job....a relationship or having a hard time at school...They ask themselves time and time again what their purpose is in life or just in general, what is the meaning of life, is that all their is too it?
Your not alone, i constantly feel this way as i just pointed out some examples from my own personal live...:)

I used to feel exactly that way. I went through a terrible time of feeling exhausted and everything seemed like a chore. However, i had to get back up. I learned to find the Joy in each day. I know that sounds like a meme or something but it is th e honest truth. I stopped worrying about tomorrow. How can i enjoy Today. I would focus on today. I try to live each day now with passion and enthusiasm. For instance when i cook, i really try to focus on it, try to learn new things, try new recipes, etc. I go to work and when i am work, i only focus and think about work. When i am at home, i try to do things that make my life better. That could be cleaning a closet which is very rewarding after it's done or taking a hike through the woods and bird watching. My point is start trying to apply your whole being to whatever you are doing.

Yes. I am going through the same phase right now. Although I do feel like doing one thing: Playing games and eating both for hours. Nothing else. I feel like, whats the point in studying, its already too outdated+ who am I to change the world, compared to people like Elon Musk, etc. I don't feel like listening to songs so that I won't have to feel sad. I don't feel like reading motivational stuff because I don't know why I need motivation and what for. I don't feel like getting my haircut so that I won't have to face a stranger. I don't feel like going out of my room because I am afraid of my parents. I don't feel like talking to anyone because I have nobody to talk to. Just got rejected today, but that doesn't hurt. You know, getting rejected has become as common as eating, sleeping, etc. You don't get it, you feel sick. You get it, you feel normal. Thanks for asking.

Yes, when i feel like this I can't get a grasp on anything, it is torture, everything tears me apart.

Latest posts

Back