Depression and creativity?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timtron

Reaction score
Hey!

I was wondering if I'm alone in this, but being an artist, I sometimes find that periods of depression are very helpful for creating things (music in my case).
Sometimes it's so bad to the point that I want to feel bad because then at least I can write something beautiful...
I fear it's never going to end and I'll always just keep pushing myself down for the sake of art.

Anyone else have this?

Many artist have made beautiful works of art in times or great sadness or depression. Depression is the only time where were looking deep inside to the darkest parts of our minds. In darkness you can still find light if you look hard enough. Although the darkness can swallow you whole if you let it. Theres nothing wrong with pushing yourself to the edge if you can handle it. Many artist cant and become drug addicts or alcoholics to easy the pain. Some push themselves to far and they end their lives. Go as far as you like but make sure you can bring yourself back.

Latest posts

Back