Climbing out of the dark

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadGuy

Reaction score
Lots of us here find ourselves in dark holes
Just wondering if anyone has things or ways that help them climb their way back

I've started going to the gym recently. I find it can boost my mood for a while.

Also, is your dark hole due to your own problems or is there someone else around contributing to it?

I stopped focusing on my problems and started to focus on what I needed to do. I also realized that I had to stop living in the past and just worry about today. Today is all you are guaranteed, so you have to make the most of it. I kept myself busy so I wouldn't have time to stop and think of all the negative honeysuckle until I was able to cope with it all better.

There are other things I did, but I won't go into those.

taking some sort of action always does it for me, change something, do something different, I've learned you always need to have something to look forward to, big or small

Busy is good I find. Not "running from everything kind of busy", but running to things that bring you joy, or comfort....or just a good feeling inside. It also allows your mind to have a rest from the negative. Walking is good for the soul also, even half an hour a day.

Latest posts

Back