It Feels Like a Permanent Goodbye

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SofiasMami

Reaction score
Soaking in nostalgia is against my nature; I'd rather be in the present. I read that Prince once said "My rear view mirror has fallen off". Mine has too.
But a flood of memories - good and bad - going back to an 8-10 year period in the 80s have come back after I heard Prince died. It's like I'm a teenager right back in upstate New York with my friends and family. Those memories combined with the raw honesty of his music has really thrown me for a loop.
I want to tap people in my same age cohort on the shoulder and ask "Do you feel it too?"

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Soaking in nostalgia is against my nature; I'd rather be in the present. I read that Prince once said "My rear view mirror has fallen off". Mine has too.
But a flood of memories - good and bad - going back to an 8-10 year period in the 80s have come back after I heard Prince died. It's like I'm a teenager right back in upstate New York with my friends and family. Those memories combined with the raw honesty of his music has really thrown me for a loop.
I want to tap people in my same age cohort on the shoulder and ask "Do you feel it too?"

-Teresa

Short answer... yes, same.

Yep, same here. I feel the same pangs when anyone dies from 'our' generation - be it artist, actor, actress. These are the people we grew up with and like it or not, they shaped our lives, were the background faces and music to our everyday existence. How could we not feel a sense of nostalgia? With each loss, we come to realize that those moments in time (that sometimes feel like yesterday to me) are gone forever.

SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

SofiasMami,

I'm in my mid 40's and I'm a HUGE Prince fan. I'm really sad Prince died.I can't stop thinking about the 80's

I'm in my mid 40's and I'm a HUGE Prince fan. I'm really sad Prince died.I can't stop thinking about the 80's

Same and same.

80's type remix of Adels song when we were young...

Even as a child, I always respected Prince's bravery in terms of being himself. It's very sad to see such a talented singer and musician go.

Latest posts

Back