Difficult conversations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiina63

Reaction score
I am a quiet person and I also have Aspergers, but generally I can talk to people who 'take their turn' in thinking of things to say and who are responsive to things I say. The people I have great difficulty conversing with are those who are far quieter than I am and who leave me to carry the conversation, never bringing up topics themselves and replying with one or two words even to open ended questions. I have seen other people talk to them and get a conversation going with them, but I can't do it. It leaves me floundering around helplessly, and after a while I end up saying 'mad' things such as 'isn't the ceiling painted a nice colour' out of sheer desperation. Does anyone else have this problem?

Perhaps they're having an 'off day' or may not be a good match for you generally?

I often regret forcing conversation, and I wish that life had an 'edit' button to correct the silly things I say when feeling under pressure, so I understand that part very well.

Also, as an artist I would totally get the ceiling colour remark, even if said in jest to me!

My problem is with people who don't leave anyone else space to talk or with people who think they're too good to talk to you in the first place.

If someone interupts what I am saying ...I stop talking ...manners

try asking questions , it makes the other person need to speak up to answer

Latest posts

Back