Social problem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that Jeese. Are there any interests you have that could help you join a group? I know that feeling though, isn't easy.

I think part of my problem is I have too many interests. Perhaps that falls under life organization, which is not a word to describe me.

I suppose my keenest interest is in how things work. That gives me a vast field of interests. I enjoy most things that are mechanical. The paranormal is an intense interest. Nature and animal habits. I guess it would be easier to say, anything but politics or war.

You'd think with my knowledge base that I'd have something to offer most people, but I guess I just come off as cocky. It isn't intentional. We don't chose our personalities. Mostly I'm just trying to help. I think people that lack intellect resent being corrected, no matter how goodwilled. People with intellect don't want to be challenged.

In the ten years that I've been where I am I've had two relationships. I found discussion with either an exercise in frustration. There are none so blind as those that won't see. When belief systems clash there is never a reasonable outcome. It isn't that I don't accept the possibility of extraterrestrials. I just require tangible proof that they reside on this planet. :) I'm just sad that he took it as me calling him an idiot fool, rather than handing him an opportunity to defend his belief.

With the other it was sciences and physics. I'm sorry, but somethings are absolute and denial is pure obtusity. His habit of shutting out any evident considerations left conversation meaningless.

These weren't isolated incidences. I always have a project going and it is difficult to progress when you are pitted against unfounded resistance. The sad thing is I need the help.

I don't think interests are as pertinent as mindset. I have a vast interests in Earth and Space, but somehow I don't think I'd thrive within The Flat Earth Society.

I wouldn't be so arrogant as to declare myself a genius, but having a conversation with someone that hasn't been molded by rhetoric would be a pleasant change.

I guess I'm just lonely for an intellectual partner. There seems to be a sore lack of them where I am.

Thank you for your reply.

I see your point regarding just wanting an intellectual conversation by using the facts, not speculation. I guess its about compromise. That's what I have found.

Well, it isn't really a matter of wanting just facts. And speculation is the fuel of dreams. Without dreams we'd still be at the start of the Renaissance. I guess I'm disappointed that the only two people I could remotely call friends couldn't contribute. I found myself doing their work, with one making mistakes almost as fast as I progressed, and the other sitting on his butt while I turned his wrenches.

What is wrong with wanting to know just one useful person? Society's cornerstone is building on what others have built. I'm tired of my friends kicking my blocks over.

I know that my not having friends is on me. I just don't know how to fix it.

Are you sure that you aren't coming across as egotistical in those conversations? I know I have to temper myself on that front and I can also start to ramble quite quickly (I did this in the chatroom yesterday when I was talking about economics).

Nope. Not sure at all. I'd have to accept some responsibility for what people think of me, but I'm not intentionally an egotist. I'm a sweetheart inside. Not a mean bone in my body. I just want to help everyone get their lives fixed.

I suppose I can drone on, too...as some of my posts might indicate. :)

But we are who we are, and without a personality mirror to reflect back just how people perceive us, we are pretty much stuck being who we are. The thing is, some people are capable of looking through our obscure outer selves and seeing the inside. Why can't I meet someone like that?

My best friends are ordinarily women. In my whole life I've only had two male friends that I would prefix with "best". Maybe I just need to find myself a girl buddy that likes motorcycles and welding. :D

Latest posts

Back