That mysterious energy....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
Have you ever felt it? Or is it just my illusion? I don't think it is an illusion because it changed me totally for a few months. It changed my life for some time.
I have never taken drugs or alcohol, but I bet the pleasure I got is much more than the effect of all the drugs combined.
It happened like five years ago, a normal day (for me, it consisted of sad emotions, feeling lazy and not willing to speak to anybody). And I am sitting on the terrace, in the cloudy weather, listening to the song: "Set fire to the rain", by Adele, crying for the girl who had rejected me for some reason. The sadness was addictive and I loved to feel it. And then it happens, a rush of that energy, emerging from my head, my body went numb for a while, I don't know what it was, but, suddenly, all my sadness was gone. I was so excited, energized, happy, fresh and confident. From the next day, I was more focused, alert, active, unbelievably happy. No signs of negativity, I was feeling unbeatable. I didn't have much to achieve, just to score the best during the board examinations. And it happened, I made it. But then, slowly and steadily, the energy started draining, without my notice. And soon, it was all gone. I was back where I was before it happened.
I don't know how that happened, but it was the best experience I had within myself. I don't know how to make that happen, I want that energy, I need it.
Has anyone felt such a thing before? Does anyone know how to make that happen?

What you talk about here is interesting. I don't know if it was intentional, but I like how you mentioned the song title "Set Fire to the Rain" and how your (fiery) happiness temporarily eliminating your (rainy) sadness seemed to relate to it. I also get sad when I have memories of special experiences with people who are no longer in my life, yet somehow I feel slightly better. Could it be that the sadness ironically inspires us to pursue new kinds of special experiences? I think it's good to have a memory or some kind of motivation to help you get through your day and maintain a healthy sense of optimism, but try to harness that positive energy so that your perception is still anchored in reality; otherwise, you'll be like a soaring airplane that's suddenly run out of fuel and tragically crashes to the ground. I'm glad you had this moment of happiness and hope you'll somehow find it again. My advice would be to pay attention to your emotions through meditation and relaxation if you're not doing so already, and listen to music that puts you in a positive mood. I hope this comment was helpful.

Extreme Unit said:
What you talk about here is interesting. I don't know if it was intentional, but I like how you mentioned the song title "Set Fire to the Rain" and how your (fiery) happiness temporarily eliminating your (rainy) sadness seemed to relate to it. I also get sad when I have memories of special experiences with people who are no longer in my life, yet somehow I feel slightly better. Could it be that the sadness ironically inspires us to pursue new kinds of special experiences? I think it's good to have a memory or some kind of motivation to help you get through your day and maintain a healthy sense of optimism, but try to harness that positive energy so that your perception is still anchored in reality; otherwise, you'll be like a soaring airplane that's suddenly run out of fuel and tragically crashes to the ground. I'm glad you had this moment of happiness and hope you'll somehow find it again. My advice would be to pay attention to your emotions through meditation and relaxation if you're not doing so already, and listen to music that puts you in a positive mood. I hope this comment was helpful.
Thanks for your comment. I would definitely follow that.
Music almost never puts me in a positive mood. Listening to empathetic music makes me nostalgic and hardcore music fills me with rage.

I can't say I've ever had an experience like that. I'm also just not a very excitable person. My sister jokes that she'd act more excited that I would if I won a million dollars, lol.

Some people would say that you experienced a kundalini activation or awakening.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini

Take what you want from that. There is a yoga practice that's focused just on activating the kundalini. So if you are really interested in repeating this experience then it could be worth looking into.

But yeah I've experienced that many times in my life.

kamya said:
Some people would say that you experienced a kundalini activation or awakening.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini

Take what you want from that. There is a yoga practice that's focused just on activating the kundalini. So if you are really interested in repeating this experience then it could be worth looking into.

But yeah I've experienced that many times in my life.
Yes I have attended several seminars on that subject. But everytime, their ideas about how to achieve them change. And some people don't even believe these things until these ideas get a westernized name and a title under the topic of "Research by ___ University"

Achieving those states at our will requires detachment from desires, of everything, not even happiness. Nobody says that, although it has been well described in the Purans. So a more difficult thing to achieve than that rush of energy is to let go of ego. To go beyond our ego and to be able to interpret every perspective. YOu know what I mean. And that technique is known only by a few sages, who only appear at special occasions like Kumbh Mela or Mahashivratri, and never talk to people.

M_also_lonely said:
Achieving those states at our will requires detachment from desires, of everything, not even happiness. Nobody says that, although it has been well described in the Purans. So a more difficult thing to achieve than that rush of energy is to let go of ego.
If you let go of happiness, of ego, of everything, then you no longer desire achieving any particular physical state anymore.
The people whom lecture never tell you things like this because they simply don't truly understand it or want to admit it to themselves. They want to believe they have achieved something that few others have achieved to feel accomplished. This in turn drives and feeds their ego. And you'll find the more they do things like this the less they're able to actually practice what they teach.

It's the common expression of humanity.
Most people choose to feed their egos, then they often wonder why others have forgotten them.
Others they choose to destroy their egos, but then they often wonder why they have so forgotten themselves.
A few wish to transcend ego, but the result is that reality is no longer as it once seemed. Things are not always as they appear.

M_also_lonely said:
To go beyond our ego and to be able to interpret every perspective. YOu know what I mean. And that technique is known only by a few sages, who only appear at special occasions like Kumbh Mela or Mahashivratri, and never talk to people.
If they have transcended ego and gained perspective into all things, then why would they never talk to anyone? And why would they only show up when expected? Wouldn't that be spoiling the gift?
Would someone who knows all perspectives not see the perspective that makes it important to speak and to appear in unexpected places? Someone who sees all perspectives must see the value in a gift before it spoils because it can always spoil later.

Perhaps the 'sages' you believe in are not really sages at all. As I said, things are not always as they appear. Unless you want them to be, I guess.
No, these 'sages' you see have merely understood one thing. That if one cannot provide the value of an important gift than one should not open the gift at all, because something that does not exist can never spoil.

Latest posts

Back