Reputation Points System Disabled?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some things are still kinda messed up with the recent latest updates made to the forum and this is one of them, just like the Report button has failed as well. Seems like anything that was supposed to be a popped up window isn't working for now.

I believe we're still waiting for another update so some of these issues get fixed.

ladyforsaken said:
I think some things are still kinda messed up with the recent latest updates made to the forum and this is one of them, just like the Report button has failed as well. Seems like anything that was supposed to be a popped up window isn't working for now.

I believe we're still waiting for another update so some of these issues get fixed.
Ah.. okay. Wasn't sure if it was my computer acting up or not. Thanks ladyforsaken.

Is there no way to thumb up a post, give a reputation, or something similar?
It's terribly frustrating as I like to give positive feedback but apparently cannot.

No. Even if the update hadn't messed up certain JavaScript related features including the reputation system, we'd merely be left with the option of rating a user (once). As a substitute, some people just quote and reply with +1 to individual posts which is of course not listed anywhere and impossible to trace.

Sigh...still waiting for bjarne's bugfix. It has been 2.5 months by now.

I thought reps for posts were purposely disabled because a small group of members started abusing it.

kamya said:
I thought reps for posts were purposely disabled because a small group of members started abusing it.

Yes, that's old news by now though. Rating users as a whole was left as an option, but does not work either way since the forum update in Mid-April.

kamya said:

It was. But being able to give reputation to someone was still possible. But I can probably safely say that the last big update would have made reputations wonky anyway.

There was no "abuse" of the rep points system. All rep poinrs given and recieved were for the things were for,good,funny,informative or happy posts. No rules were broken.
Only "abuse" was the abuse hurled at those of us who did not have protected status like the "favourite people"on here. They have protected status but this just ensures that they have been and will always be named on the "honeysuckle list" that is always passed on to one another of the nice people who join to warn them of the dangers of people on here who cannot be trusted and will attack "nice people".

Raven22 said:
There was no "abuse" of the rep points system. All rep poinrs given and recieved were for the things were for,good,funny,informative or happy posts. No rules were broken.
Only "abuse" was the abuse hurled at those of us who did not have protected status like the "favourite people"on here. They have protected status but this just ensures that they have been and will always be named on the "honeysuckle list" that is always passed on to one another of the nice people who join to warn them of the dangers of people on here who cannot be trusted and will attack "nice people".

NONE OF US MODERATORS EVER SAID RULES WERE BROKEN!! And you just proved exactly why the post rep system is going to stay off. It was misused which was explained to you and those who continued to do so. NO ONE has protected status on this forum either. Getting really tired of saying that.

Oh and just and FYI to you, seeing as how you are flaming/trolling and attempting to start something which as quiet awhile ago and should be done and over with, that usually would get people banned. Count yourself lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back