how does a single 35 year old woman meet someone? advice?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mauthecat

Reaction score
Well, I am single I am a woman and I am 35 years old.

Anybody has any ideas on how I could meet new people. I mostly go from home to work then from work to home. I usually dont go out on the weekends because I have no one to go out with or dont feel like it.

I live in South America, but would be willing to relocate because i dont feel like i fit in very well in here.

i have tattoos and piercings. and a cat named Mau.

Gee, this might be a case of the blind leading the blind.

At work? That's what I've always done. But heck, that's all I do is work.

Hi Sometines, Everyone at the place I work is married :( at least the ones in my age range.
But thanks for the advice.

i usually only work too and then just go home. not much of a chance of meeting anybody.

Unless you are willing to venture out on your own or join some meetup groups, the only real way to meet people is dating sites.

Are you opposed to going out by yourself? I mean, you can meet people anywhere, you just have to be open to saying hi and striking up a conversation with people.

Oh sweety. Sorry but you don't. The reality is that it is extremely hard period but over a certain age, it is crazy hard. Learn to love yourself and focus on friends and get some toys, because that is all she wrote.

Speaking from experience not snarkiness.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
Oh sweety. Sorry but you don't. The reality is that it is extremely hard period but over a certain age, it is crazy hard. Learn to love yourself and focus on friends and get some toys, because that is all she wrote.

Speaking from experience not snarkiness.

It's never too late. Doesn't matter how old you are.

Definitely not too late. I'm 22, I was dating a woman on the other end of 30 for quite some time while I was younger. Everyone has issues meeting people. Where I work, most women are under 18 so I'm not even looking in their general direction. It's a lonely life, lol.

Being a man I'd love to get that advice, give up and get some toys, but generally at that point men are looked at like losers and disgusting perverted creeps. 30+ if you don't have a family and a stable job and you're a man, you're going to be looked down on by society here in America. That's... just how it is. So don't give that advice. Never give that "give up and deal with it" advice. That's like... disgusting.

So yeah. No man over 30 wants to come off like a disgusting pervert, so if he's single, he's probably ready to mingle...

mauthecat said:

Anybody has any ideas on how I could meet new people. I mostly go from home to work then from work to home. I usually dont go out on the weekends because I have no one to go out with or dont feel like it.

I live in South America, but would be willing to relocate because i dont feel like i fit in very well in here.

I'd need to ask a question first...

Does your locale have an actual community... containing a walkable area where people congregate and talk, as opposed to milling about, staring at their smartphones? Where I live such an area doesn't exist, so it's **** near impossible to meet anyone.

TheDude76 said:
Does your locale have an actual community... containing a walkable area where people congregate and talk, as opposed to milling about, staring at their smartphones? Where I live such an area doesn't exist, so it's **** near impossible to meet anyone.

I was watching a movie last week called "Brooklyn". Here is the crazy thing.. in the 50s... people routinely went to dances and had no shame that they were just there for the express purpose of meeting someone nice? I mean.. is that crazy or what? I don't think any community has things like that anymore.

Most people I see are on their phones. Even if by chance i happen to meet someone online and go out they will be on their phones. And I will never hear from them again. It is hard here to meet people I tried meet ups it doesn't work here and I stopped going to the gym because I felt very out of place there.
Plus most of the men at the gym seemed to be on steroids.
I just want a normal guy that I can talk to and do things with.

TheDude76 said:
mauthecat said:

I'd need to ask a question first...

One of the keys to meeting people is said to be by going to places were interacting with others can't be avoided. Then is a matter of putting the time & effort in until you start making friends. I suppose you have to get plenty of variety into the mix of activities too until you find what's working for you, & what you enjoy doing of course.

LonelySutton said:
TheDude76 said:

I was watching a movie last week called "Brooklyn". Here is the crazy thing.. in the 50s... people routinely went to dances and had no shame that they were just there for the express purpose of meeting someone nice? I mean.. is that crazy or what? I don't think any community has things like that anymore.

That's because people are less direct and upfront when it comes to their thoughts, ideas and concerns etc.

Also people still managed to have integrity and respect for themselves, no matter their circumstances. If you were poor you'd still clean your house as best you could etc

RadioMan said:
One of the keys to meeting people is said to be by going to places were interacting with others can't be avoided. Then is a matter of putting the time & effort in until you start making friends. I suppose you have to get plenty of variety into the mix of activities too until you find what's working for you, & what you enjoy doing of course.

I can dig that.

No but srs, this is the way. Just go associate yourself with peeps that are interested in the same things. And then love will find you.

My goodness, 35 years old is certainly not too old to meet someone, in this age with improved health, medical help etc all being well, touch wood we'll all live to a ripe old age!

I would use dating websites, go to singles clubs...worked for me and I am on my early 30s! It helps to have friends to discuss, use as a sounding board for when you go on these dates...I would come back here with any issues, advice, juicy stories.

I'm 34, but live in North America, but if you want to relocate, who knows? I'm new here, but as I get to know the women here more often, I might open my home to someone. Don't know if you never try.

As mentioned earlier, everyone seems to be staring at their phone. I have no idea how people meet. I met a lot of people traveling, but it's temporary, and I don't drink alcohol anymore, and I don't go out.

MortSahlfan said:
As mentioned earlier, everyone seems to be staring at their phone. I have no idea how people meet. I met a lot of people traveling, but it's temporary, and I don't drink alcohol anymore, and I don't go out.

I am lost too. I thought about getting a part time job but I suspect I would end up with people much older than me. Volunteering? End up with pets or elderly. I suspect that my entire generation is sitting in their homes right now watching Netflix alone.

Latest posts

Back