Why are relationships hard?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fustar

Reaction score
I could probably drone on and on about theories of why relationships are hard, but who really knows why? Relationships are hard because they are, no one is so alike that everything comes easy in a relationship. Any kind of relationship is hard, family or friend relationships are hard. Relationships with someone you fall in love with are the hardest in my opinion, because you want it to work so much that sometimes it fails. Finding the one person that cares about you because they truly want to, and cares about every ounce of you is rough. Keeping passion alive and being able to look past things that would normally drive you insane sounds crazy. The more and more I think about how crazy it is to search for that one person who loves you completely and that you love completely back makes me want to find it even more. Which is the hardest and craziest thing I've ever wrestled with in my life. Its going to.be hard, but relationships are work and I feel relationships that feel hard are not bound to work. If you find a relationship hard your probably forcing it. Which really doesn't make sense, but relationships rarely do, so theories on them won't either.

Menorahman said:
Relationships are hard because people are stupid and nobody wants to compromise anymore cause internet.

+1 Internet. For those with options there are now a lot more of them.

Reasoning: why compromise when I can just find someone else or stay single and wait for the 'perfect partner' (I deserve no less).

My exGF once casually mentioned "relationships are hard" in conversation. This is after I had noticed that her honeymoon phase with me was evaporating.

My response was that a relationship is challenging, but only made to be difficult if there is no honesty, trust and compromise.

I later figured out that this was just her cryptic way to brush off any responsibility on her part for difficulties she inflicted on our relationship. "It Takes Two To Tango" was another common responsibility brush off phrase as things were crumbling away. Only problem was she had been "tango-ing" with other guys during our relationship that i did not know about until one of the orbiters filled me in.

The only piece of advice I would adhere to is to judge someone by their actions, never their words.

Maybe finding someone that you want to be in a relationship with and actually work on it with is hard. Or just time consuming.

Every relationship is "hard" in some way because no two people are perfectly in sync with each other. It takes work, whether it's a friendship or a romantic relationship. There is no easy in relationships. Yeah, for long stretches of time it might seem easy, but there's usually always something just below the surface that hasn't come out yet or a disagreement waiting to happen. Let's be honest, no one agrees with every single thing another person does and at some point there will be an argument/disagreement.

All worthwhile things take work to maintain or start, just gotta find the right person to show you it's worth it.

I don't know, maybe it's because generally I'm quite an understanding person, or because I am very selective of the people I talk to, I never found relationships too hard. Finding them is hard, but once you're in a stable friendship, or romantic relationship, usually, unless the other person is too closed off to work with you, it's not a problem.

For me, it feels more like they always burn out, rather than just crumble because they're too hard to maintain. Something happens, maybe it's significant, maybe not, but for some reason one or both of you starts seeing the other as a negative source in their life, something that drains their energy, rather than gives them more of it. And once that stage is reached... 99% of the time, you can't come back. The person(s) who get that view of the other usually doesn't even want it to be back. There are rare cases where you can get back from that, like with my parents, who are now closer than ever before, but, they've been married for nearly 20 years, are in their early fifties and are very dependent on each other. But usually, that's it, the point of no return. And then you just move on, or grow to hate each other and break it off after a huge fight. At least, that's what my experience has been, unfortunately.

Well they are hard because people are complicated creatures and its hard to understand themself .Just think at you on how many think you want ffrom life and the next day you decided that you want something else .Same way its with relationship ,people want better and better in their life

Latest posts

Back