I just want to feel something

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravenxyz

Reaction score
Because I take meds for my Bipolar, which sedates me, I find, more and more, I don't feel anything. I'm lonely, but not able to feel anything is sad. Can anyone relate?

I dont have Bipolar so I cant relate to that but am sure there are people here that can.
All I can say is I think people do tend to get more numb to the things that are difficult in life as they age.
I know I just kinda switch off more to my feelings then I used to.

This for me is a good thing. I used to get really upset and have thoughts of ending it.
I dont have thos feelings any more I just tend to think of other stuff when I get that low now.

So not sure if that makes me someone thats not dealing with my feelings or someone thats gotten used to life has it is so there for that would make me stronger. I think maybe I am not so much as a deep thinking now days as I used to be. Maybe I dont over complicate stuff has much.

welcome too A lonely life by the way :)

Bluey said:
All I can say is I think people do tend to get more numb to the things that are difficult in life as they age.
I know I just kinda switch off more to my feelings then I used to.

welcome too A lonely life by the way :)

Thanks for the welcome.

I just feel dead inside like there is nothing going on. You know?

Bipolar used to be full of drama. I don't miss the drama in my head. Meds fixed that and it took time to calm down. But, I've found it takes a lot for me to feel anything. Life used to feel "full" of life. Good, bad & ugly. I could listen to a depressing song and feel something, I could listen to an up tempo song and feel something. Now, today, I don't feel it from either. Maybe I've made peace with not getting things like girlfriends, marriage, etc. and that's messed my feelings up. And, maybe it's just the meds sedating me to everything. I really don't know.

Or, maybe I'm happy and don't know what the hell that feels like.

I definitely do not miss that lonely feeling. Good riddance.

I think I know what you mean.
Like in limbo. Your not unhappy but theirs nothing getting you exited.
Like you don't wont to die but theirs nothing worth living for ether.
That's kinda how I feel about life.

I would like to go on holiday. I have the money to ATM but nobody to go with.
Its not just about enjoying a holiday but it gives you something to look forward too.
And gives you a break from all the mundane stuff in life.
And makes you appreciate your own bed and home more when you get back :p

It sounds to me like you just need something to look forward too.
Most people I guss do look forward to there GF or BF coming home at the end of the day. Its difficult sometimes when you dont have that.

You seem to be coping OK. I think your stronger then you know :)

Maybe its worth a vist to the doctors just to make sure the meds are doing what they should?

Somthimes I have to wonder weather I am happy or just quiterly content.
There is a lot to be said about being humble about life.
But there is a fine line between being humble and not fighting fior better :)

Latest posts

Back