Why??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetviki

Reaction score
Its a saturday night and I 'm at home while so many others are probably having a good time. In school I feel kinda shy and its difficult to relate to alot of people. I talk to some people in school but it seems like I dont get invited to parties and things. I'm like everyone else I want to go out party and have a good time its just alot of people dont think that bc I'm shy in school especialy around guys. With a girl I can start a conversation about shopping or the outfit she is wearing but with a guy its sometimes hard. And the thing is outside of school I'm a different person i can be outgoing and talk, meat new ppl especialy those older then me. I got into modeling and an agency wants to work with me but in school I feel like everyone doesnt like me or is judging me which is ironic. I hope that my insecurities in school will not spill over into my life of modeling. I was dating someone and it turned out pretty sour in the end and now its valentines day soon and I have no one to share it with. I'm not like alot of others . On the way I look i could fit in the the most popular croud in school and I'm getting into modeling (and yes I checked them out its not a scam) but in school I feel completely insecure what is wrong with me?

Smetimes it happens with shy people, and when they try to hide it, they appear infront of others as stong or irrogant, or having cold feelings. Did you ever think about it, that others don't see this shy person inside you, but see you in a different way. It is important to know that being shy is not bad, I was also shy when I was young, and I like shy girls. Don't try to hide it or get rid of it, and it will change with time, live with it, don't think about it and try to live your life normal.

Sweetviki, I know how you feel, because I have similiar problems. I can share my point of view and maybe it helps: although our society makes us think that good looks and a brain or a good job will make us popular and wanted, it is often not like that. In my experience, what you need most for other people to like you is this: assertivenes and social skills. Unfortunately, some of us don't learn this skills or forget them at some point in our life, or have difficulties which cause us some sort of phobia or trauma. That's what happened to me and maybe that's what happened to you, I don't know. I can't tell you something comforting, because I'm in it all too, but the bottom line is; i know how you feel!

The thing about me is I was born in Europe lithuania and moved to American when I was ten years old. I didnt speak English at all and while all the other kids just hit their preteens and are finaly slowly growing up I couldnt talk to anyone I was all alone and felt like I couldnt fit in at all bc I couldnt comunicate with anyone and I came from somewhere completely different so I couldnt relate alot of times. I wasnt shy when I was young but then when I moved and went through such a culture shock and then i dont know I felt so lost many times. Now that I think about it all I think it might be the main reason why I'm struggling to open up and its something I have to overcome. I do have some close friends but I'm not the girl that gets invited to parties or is part of the whole social scene. I just want to put myself out there more in school but its hard to do.

honestly, there is nothign wrong with being shy.  it's part of who you are.  and yes, over time it will probably change.  but don't worry.  there are plenty of other shy people out there. there are plenty of people you can connect with.  so what if they aren't the "popular" group?  once school is over it won't matter and you'll find friends who mean so much more than just getting invited to parties.

don't get me wrong, i know that while you're in school, being shy can be pretty lonely.  i'm like that right now.  i'm just trying to stay positive about it.  i do wish i could meet more people and go out more on weekends and just have a good time...  but i find myself at home a LOT and it's really bothering me.   i don't really have close friends.  I have a lot of guy friends, but now all i want is to be able to meet some girls who i can hang out with.  it's hard though, especially in university when i feel like i have nothing in common with the girls here who seem to do nothing but party and buy expensive clothes.  of course, i'd love that lifestyle (hehe, who wouldn't?), but it's just not me.

i guess i'm waiting for something.  but i don't know what.  and i don't know how to go about meeting new people, when it seems as though everyone already has their own close group of friends.

anyway, viki, i wish you good luck with the modelling thing.  i know you're lonely right now, but we're all here to support you.  message me if you ever need someone to talk to.  
take care :)

Latest posts

Back