What's a painful truth you've had to swallow?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's almost impossible (in my experience anyway) to find a partner who will be just as crazy in love with you as you are with them.

So many women that I've fallen completely in love with, but they've only reciprocated a little, and seem fairly preoccupied with other people. Sad.

That the girl I was unbelievably in love with, wasn't really in love with me. Had to make the heart wrenching decision to walk away from the relationship, despite still loving her. Kills me to this day...  :(

anIsolatedMan96 said:

That the girl I was unbelievably in love with, wasn't really in love with me. Had to make the heart wrenching decision to walk away from the relationship, despite still loving her. Kills me to this day...  :(

Is this the same girl you mentioned became your girlfriend in your other thread?

That working virtually alone most of my life that I was running away from my SAD .Working with people again with no fear and enjoying it I realise i should have stayed in the office.... fcuk it :(

Life will get difficult as we get older.
Especially in the old age.
There will be pain. Physical pain, mental, and emotional pain. And when you look outside the window, you'll see death, waiting to knock at your door.
There will be loneliness.

When you're young, there are possibilities. The circle will start getting completed. The boomerang that you threw will start coming towards you.

Guilt, regrets, all will start getting stronger. Because now, time is up. You had your chance.

Maybe, you'll want to meet that girl you loved for years. But never loved you back. How nice it would be, if she could at least spend the last few days with you. She never cared earlier. Will she even remember you?

You won't be able to walk properly, and your children will hate helping you. They might not even help you at all. And you'll just want to die because you can't bear that guilt anymore. But you can't, because you didn't live life thoroughly. You missed out. Missed out on one thing or the other.
Your body won't support you anymore. It wants to merge into earth, where it came from. Your time is up.

M_also_lonely said:
Life will get difficult as we get older.
Especially in the old age.
There will be pain. Physical pain, mental, and emotional pain. And when you look outside the window, you'll see death, waiting to knock at your door.
There will be loneliness.

When you're young, there are possibilities.  The circle will start getting completed. The boomerang that you threw will start coming towards you.

Guilt, regrets, all will start getting stronger. Because now, time is up. You had your chance.

Maybe, you'll want to meet that girl you loved for years. But never loved you back. How nice it would be, if she could at least spend the last  few days with you. She never cared earlier. Will she even remember you?

You won't be able to walk properly, and your children will hate helping you. They might not even help you at all. And you'll just want to die because you can't bear that guilt anymore. But you can't, because you didn't live life thoroughly. You missed out. Missed out on one thing or the other.
Your body won't support you anymore. It wants to merge into earth, where it came from. Your time is up.

Fear of aging isn’t all that common in the very young. Many of us when young pretended we aren’t going to get old. Well here I am at 73 with all the usual annoyances of being an old fart. Failing short term memory, various body parts falling apart, a majority of my friends leaving the planet ahead of me ( although I lost a huge number of friends, a few relatives and lover in the early days of the AIDS epidemic and the Vietnam war). Some things though get easier in old age. You get better at dumping people who annoy the hell out of you, your bullshit detection gets better, you aren’t driven as much to party till you drop, - - the list could go on. However, given the state the human race has placed itself in I’m very glad I’ll soon be leaving the planet. My biggest problem comes from wondering how I can, or should I , give honest answers to the young and their questions. Recently a very intelligent four year old asked me ‘Why are the grown ups trying to kill us’ Asking what he meant his listed “ Atom bombs, germ warfare, global warming, pollution,  - - - - ‘ His list went on longer but I can’t remember it all. I took the cowards way out and told him to ask his father as I didn’t have the answers. 

As a side issue I find it very annoying when discussions take place in the media and elswhere about the rise in juvenile suicide. All kinds of reasons are given but seldom if ever does the mess adults have made of our world ever get mentioned. We are a very peculiar species..

Interesting!

Painful to ppl or to me?

Each day Im learning Im growing on these things I know I dont belong and I know my answers.

MissBehave said:
That I need to behave until I got somewhere to go

Hmm!

Where is the LIKE button to click on it?

I dont know how much I have liked the things you have written this time I have been on ALL (I meant: A Lonely Life)

Diagnosed said:
Interesting!

Painful to ppl or to me?

Each day Im learning Im growing on these things I know I dont belong and I know my answers.

MissBehave said:
That I need to behave until I got somewhere to go

Hmm!

Where is the LIKE button to click on it?

I dont know how much I have liked the things you have written this time I have been on ALL (I meant: A Lonely Life)

You don't know how much you have liked it? 
Am I that bad? 😋
Welcome back Diagnosed. 🤗

That I always attract users and abusers, I need to stop looking and except being alone

That I am what I always knew I was. Though 20 years of relationships and one marriage, I am alone. It was ever thus. :( 
The only thing that I can do is prepare for the future as such. The sands run out ever faster though.

I was told by my son that I'm dramatic. Now I'm hyper-focused on NOT being dramatic.

The toughest truth that I've had to swallow was and is accepting that my marriage is never gonna be what I want it to be...The hard part is doing something about it!

Mylife47 said:
The toughest truth that I've had to swallow was and is accepting that my marriage is never gonna be what I want it to be...The hard part is doing something about it!

Same.  My wife can't recognize that she has dictated our lives to be what she wants.  My needs are ignored.  We have agreed to split, but still haven't.  She wants me to fix her house before I go.  I can't just walk out and leave her to deal with the massive expenses of home repair on her own.

Plus, I have no where to go.

Alex Supertramp II said:
That Ill die without realizing my dreams of being a successful songwriter, musician, film maker or novelist.

Pick one.  Work toward it.  Get it.  Go from there.

I love your humor and you pick out your little icons so well---you have a great sense of humor... To the other member we all get at a stage where we see our dreams slipping through our hands---try writing just a little book and pick a subject close to your heart even if it won;t be a best seller and maybe you will make a dollar or two with it. My painful truth is getting old and seeing how ugly I am getting. Ugh....priscella

Latest posts

Back