Sick of the negativity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msbxa

Reaction score
It seems sometimes that there is so much negativity out there...
People who constantly criticize, place expectations on you, make subtle insulting side comments, etc.
Why can't some people just accept others for the way they are, and not shoot them down, make gossip? Why can't people recognize that others are different and just accept it?
Why do we all have to be a certain way?
I think some people just want to drag you down too because they are unhappy.
I'm sick of dealing with negative people. But they seem to be everywhere.
There are two people in my life in particular, that I am just about ready to cut out of my life for good. One of them happens to be a family member. But that is the way it is. I swear, I think that some of the most abusive people some of us will ever encounter in our whole lives, are those that are in our own family. It is a shame it has to be this way.

if you feel like an experiment ...try to spin their negativity into something positive

IE they say "the weather sucks because it keeps raining" .... you say "but everything is nice and green "
See what happens LOL

many humans are just inherently bastards, and need to be cut out. if you're susceptible to negativity, like i am, people's shitty comments will get inside of you and corrupt you. nearly everyday i'm half-jokingly called worthless and ugly and an ******* and all of this terrible honeysuckle and it's seeped into my heart. learn to not care or avoid if at all possible

Yeah man just learn not give a fresia, easier said than done, but you become a beast this way. Look at people who are very positive, they're able to express themselves in any way, even if others don't respond, there expression doesn't change. True though other people's energies have an affect on you, stay out of toxic relationships.

I just think people are in pain. I think this is the expression of that. We are creating a world in which more and more people can no longer find a good place to be, or a good way of life. But since the world we're in presents itself to us as the way we're supposed to be and like it, there's a real disconnect, a misalignment. We are supposed to think the misalignment is in ourselves, not the world we've been stuffed into. Unconsciousness in this situation leads to some really unpleasant behaviour.

To see what is bad and acknowledge what is bad is a healthy thing to do. Just inwardly acknowledging it can be so helpful, to me. That includes the negativity of others. But seeing it this way helps me to build boundaries against the negativity getting in.

sometimes people won't change. you can't stop them from thinking badly about you, speaking ill of you or treating you wrong, but you can choose not to let it affect your emotions. don't give their words, actions and thoughts power.

that's what I'm trying to do right now, not giving people power over my emotions. it's like if negativity were a ballon that someone gives you, just deflate it, let the air out. You don't have to carry the ballon with you.

msbxa said:
It seems sometimes that there is so much negativity out there...
People who constantly criticize, place expectations on you, make subtle insulting side comments, etc.
Why can't some people just accept others for the way they are, and not shoot them down, make gossip? Why can't people recognize that others are different and just accept it?
Why do we all have to be a certain way?
I think some people just want to drag you down too because they are unhappy.
I'm sick of dealing with negative people. But they seem to be everywhere.
There are two people in my life in particular, that I am just about ready to cut out of my life for good. One of them happens to be a family member. But that is the way it is. I swear, I think that some of the most abusive people some of us will ever encounter in our whole lives, are those that are in our own family. It is a shame it has to be this way.

I'm not sure what your situation is exactly like but you may be able to actually just talk to them about it. Some people don't realize that they are being mean.

For example, I was made fun of for a long time for being Asian and people being a really racist towards me. I remember in middle school there was this kid who would always crack Jackie Chan jokes and he made up some song about me going to china town and other people would laugh at me because of what he was saying. For a long time I would just get angry and try to politically correct him... which in return would result in more jokes and more laughter. One day I just asked him "Why are you so mean to me? You do a really good job at making me feel like I'm worthless" He just stopped and told me that he was so sorry and that he didn't even realize what he was doing. He thought he was just joking around and it really didn't occur to him that he was making me feel that way. For the rest of the school year he was the nicest person and I didn't feel like I needed to disappear from the world. He later told me that he thought he was just being a funny guy and class clown and started to realize that he was making so many people feel bad about themselves.

Unfortunately you are totaly right and people are very bad these dayd and want to pull you down as well .I think in this society you must protect yourself and be very careful with who you speak

Latest posts

Back