What's your problem... that you really want solved?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
For me, I'm a bit ashamed to say, is that I'm not as responsible as I should be. I still depend on my parents even when I'm all grown up. Doing things like cooking, laundry, etc. are things I still need to work on. I compare myself to my father when he was my age, he was doing things independently. He was working in another country, sending money back home to his family, supporting them.
Me, on the other hand, just have a regular day job. Yet, I'm too lazy to cut the grass, wash my car, fold my clothes, and so on.

This is just one of my problems. Please share yours if it's okay. I just want to see that I'm not the only one with problems.

I cant trust ANYBODY on the internet ANYMORE in order to have ANY close friends or ANYBODY i feel comfortable talking to on the internet ANYMORE anyhow.

But i am ok in real life i guess. :D

I don't have much patience for extremely indecisive people. I would like to be able to hear them out. But generally I just make the tough choice for them. It always seems better to just let them off easy, but it takes more chances away from myself.

I'm not responsible at all. I wait until the last moment to do whatever, if it's not too late.
I'm also clueless as to how to go about doing most things.
Then there's social anxiety lol etc.. XD

Idol Minos said:
For me, I'm a bit ashamed to say, is that I'm not as responsible as I should be. I still depend on my parents even when I'm all grown up. Doing things like cooking, laundry, etc. are things I still need to work on. I compare myself to my father when he was my age, he was doing things independently. He was working in another country, sending money back home to his family, supporting them.
Me, on the other hand, just have a regular day job. Yet, I'm too lazy to cut the grass, wash my car, fold my clothes, and so on.

This is just one of my problems. Please share yours if it's okay. I just want to see that I'm not the only one with problems.

I'm in a similar situation. It's scary to step out of that comfort zone. I'm auditing all the things wrong in my life, and one that goes quite deep is attention seeking and jealousy. A lot of people I went to school with are really successful in their own fields. I know they put in the work and sacrificed, but a part of me wants the attention they have. I have very few people in my life and limited interaction, mainly due to shyness. It's like I want other people to validate me because I don't believe in myself

Yeah man I felt the same, just do some chores lol, then you can think to yourself "yeah im making a change". If you want to make a difference go ahead, they keep a roof over your head, at least try to help. It's funny I say that my mum just comes home talking in my face and I'm like "please stop talking"...

There is a lot of people in here that say they are not independent enough. That is not one of my problems. I have always even has a kid been very independent. It just surprised me that there are so many with that problem I guess.

I would like to be able to talk to all of my family again like I used to be able to.
But most of them ant worth it :( I think you see people in a different light has you age.

VanillaCreme said:
Living on my own. I'd really like to be able to do that.

This intrigued me.
Why are you not able to live alone if thats what you wish for?
I have lived alone since I was 20 years old. I have had lodgers 2 times for a year or 2 both times but on the hole they where hardly ever in so was still like living alone anyway.
There are advantages in living alone. Big ones in fact but it comes at a price. Most are unwilling to pay that price and most people I know live alone out of necessity rather then a love off it.

Bluey said:
Most are unwilling to pay that price and most people I know live alone out of necessity rather then a love off it.

This is why for most people. Or they just feel stuck. They feel incapable of it even if they really are able to if they really super dee duper wanted it. If they were forced into it they'd survive somehow though.

I need to stop thinking I'm the centre of the universe. There are people who used to be in my life that moved on that I still want in my life. They are much happier with other people, but there's this burning desire to want them back in my life just so that I can feel like I'm important to them. I want them to want me. It's really selfish and I hate when this feeling shows up. I have to force myself to accept that they are doing what's best for their lives by being with other people. I have to force myself to accept that I am just a bad memory to them now

kamya said:
Bluey said:
Most are unwilling to pay that price and most people I know live alone out of necessity rather then a love off it.

This is why for most people. Or they just feel stuck. They feel incapable of it even if they really are able to if they really super dee duper wanted it. If they were forced into it they'd survive somehow though.

Agreed, I wasn't forced into it as such. I was just really unhappy where I was.

I do get lonely hence why I am here. But I think that is better then to live with someone your not happy living with.
Some people have to do that tho because of money or other reasons this I understand. It can be header for thos people then being lonely is. Some people stay like that because of what you say. It scars them to live alone but some if they did make the change might even like it.

Everyone is different. God I ramble on sometimes lol

quead64 said:
I need to stop thinking I'm the centre of the universe. There are people who used to be in my life that moved on that I still want in my life. They are much happier with other people, but there's this burning desire to want them back in my life just so that I can feel like I'm important to them. I want them to want me. It's really selfish and I hate when this feeling shows up. I have to force myself to accept that they are doing what's best for their lives by being with other people. I have to force myself to accept that I am just a bad memory to them now

I dont think its selfish to feel wonted. That is just normal.
Maybe thos people just moved on. Not because they disliked you, it just happens you know. I bet even if they are busy they still think of you too.

More confidence and more self-control. I'm hoping that everything I'm doing at the gym will help with this.

I have a deep and abiding problem with house-cleaning. It makes me depressed. I want a clean house though, so I am working on trying to fix this. I'm finding it really difficult though.

johnny196775Again said:
i dont see how to give reputation anymore.

I dont think that works right now mate.
Sometimes glitches happen. It may resolve it self with a forum up date.
Its nothing your doing and nothing anyone can do about it.

But maybe it is a problem that you wont solved? lol
Just to stay on topic N aLl dAt :p

Well this its not such a big poblem but you can rprogram yourself to have the result you desire .Search for bob proctor paradigm shift to learn how to ghange your habits

Confidence driving,I have the car I have always wanted feeling it would motivate me,I passed my driving test about 5 years ago now and I still can't muster up the courage to drive it.

Serephina said:
Confidence driving,I have the car I have always wanted feeling it would motivate me,I passed my driving test about 5 years ago now and I still can't muster up the courage to drive it.

The more you do it, the easier it gets.

Latest posts

Back