Just wanted to introduce myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TroubledSoul

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Obviously I'm new here, so I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself a little bit. I'm a 34 year old female. I have been lonely and longing for friends as long as I can remember. When I was single, I thought my loneliness couldn't get any worse. But I have been in a relationship for over 4 years now, and I'm just as lonely As when I was single. I foolishly thought being in a relationship would take the empty feeling away and I was clearly wrong. Oh, initially it did, initially it was happy. But it hasn't been good for a long time. When your boyfriend would rather be with his friends or at the bar rather than be with you, you know there is a problem. And I've come to realize no one can make me happy, I have to do it myself. And I have no idea how. I can't shed this feeling of emptiness and loneliness.

I've never been able to really find some place where I fit in and feel like i belong. I've had friends before but lost them. Seems I'm even worse at keeping friends than I am at making them. Actually, I've failed so many times and just dont fit in anywhere that I've stopped trying.

I'm an introverted person, always been told I'm quiet, but I am always kind to people and when I do feel comfortable with people and am around people I can talk to, I am friendly and can make people laugh. Unfortunately, this situation rarely happens.

I also suffer from depression and have since I was a teenager, and I've never been able to figure out if i feel so sad and lonely because I'm depressed, or if I'm depressed because I'm sad and lonely.

Wow, ok, I never talk about myself this much, and certainly not about my deepest problems. But it is truly a relief to know I am not the only person who feels such a deep level of lonely. In my life, it seems that way, everyone around me has friends and seems comfortable with their life. So I'm grateful for this site. I hope to talk with some people who need a good friend as much as I do.

Thanks for reading.

Hello. Yeah I'm in the same boat as you are. It's hard to find friends here, I'm still looking for some myself. I hope your more lucky than I am and welcome.

Feel free to message me if you like. I'll do my best to be a good friend to you.

Hi TroubledSoul,welcome to the forum. You've made a good start by coming here,I hope you find what you're looking for.

Hi TroubledSoul, if the age difference doesn't bother you too much - I'm 23 - and if my profile looks interesting at all, feel free to message me as I would really love someone to talk to.

Latest posts

Back