Religion for dummies (2)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
>>> Why would God be unhappy if I am doing something that makes me happy<<<<

--> Just like every other human, I am not sure whether god exists or not. Lets see both the cases:

Case 1: Assuming that God exists, as a parent with atleast human understanding:

Why would God be unhappy? Lets see an example: You kid comes to you and says "Taking drugs makes me happy." Would you be happy just because he is happy?
> Don't forget that we have assumed that God exists. Your kid has no idea about what drugs would do to their life. You know. Same idea for you as a kid of God is self explanatory.

Case 2: Assumption in 1 is false.

>Would drugs harm you? Yes, I guess, is your answer. Nobody will come from hell to take you there if you take drugs. But you will be facing the troubles by taking drugs.

----------------

"For me, simply embracing wind on a mountain top means ultimate freedom. It makes me happy."

> Because no religion is against embracing the wind on a mountain top. So you will not be unhappy.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
"Why am I happy just by caring for my dog and I am not following anything religion says?"

> Taking care of you dog is not against religion. Well, you are not against religion. So, you will not face the consequences.
---------------
"I won't accept religion until I see things myself"

> Fine. Do it. I promise you that nobody will punish you for that. if someone tries, I will guard you. BUT: As you didn't accept the ideas of religion, you wont get the happiness it claimed that you would get by following it.

Take the example of pace shuttle. You want to try flying it until you learn it yourself. You don't want to follow the manual. Face the consequences yourself.

-To be comtinued.

Latest posts

Back