Do normal people enjoy bullying/alienating loners?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vladimir Putin

Reaction score
I notice that people seem to enjoy excluding me from stuff. Like they are enjoying it. That they are policing each other to make sure no one even talks to me. I think it is all done unconsciously. Like smirking at someone when they say hi to me. "What are you doing?"

Am I being paranoid?

Mabe you are. I dont think most people would go out of there way to do that.
I guess they mignt if they where very young and just being cruel. Kids can be like that but I would like to think most adults are not.

Not much you can do but be yourself now is there.
If people like you then they do, and if not at least they wont like you for you.

Has the old saying goes: It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not

Mr Putin dont feel like that just crush them with tanks.

Hey Vlady-
How do you know these people "enjoy" excluding you from things?

(also why is a tsar answering questions posed by Vladimir Putin on a loneliness forum? :D It's a sign of the apocalypse. )

-Teresa

Yes, I think that sometimes normal people do enjoy bullying/alienating those who are loners or who don't fit in to their idea of what is normal. Schools and workplaces can be very hard to cope with if you are different in any way.

Yes, it is a pack mentality. And, packs thrive when they are united in picking on a loner or someone they perceive as weak, weird, doesnt' fit in, etc. Then, they go home and tell their little kids to be inclusive and loving and go to work and do the opposite.

Normal, as in like, would "most" people do this? Only until they're maybe about 15, in my experience. After that, some do but they're no longer part of "most" people, they're the more psychologically unhealthy insecure people. Still, too many of these do exist.

It's possible if one is on the receiving end of this too much when young, one might become hyper-sensitive to it. The thing is, as people start to mature, most don't get pleasure from excluding, or gang up on others, but they do become more exclusive, spending time on who/what they're interested in, and ignoring the rest. This can be hurtful to those who stand mostly on the outside of things for whatever reason. I'm in the class of outsiders, btw.

I think people do that in high school. But after the age of 18 most people don't do that. The only people who do this are very insecure.

I think some bully because they are themselves vulnerable

Most people who bully do this because they need some ' might ' , like " that guy its more f***** than me , so i'm okay".
Or try to hide behind this little moment of 'might'.
Or they're just jerks or you're really strange ( Don't take this serious ).

If they ignore you just ignore they too , stay with people who likes you , there may be little but the quality is best than quantity!

Well if you focus on this think people will do it .Lets tell you a big secret ,everithing starts from subconstiewnt mind ,if you think other people want to avoid you then you transmit this on their subconstient mind.Instead focus your mind on the things you want to be ,for example focus on things that you are very respected by others and thei admire you .I advise you that this will not work imediatly because you have planted the paradigm negative in your subconstient ,but if you are persistent and do it all the time you will change bad things with positive things .Just do it

I think most 'normal' people (and we'll use that term loosely) want to fit in, be part of the group, the crowd, particularly the cool group, or whatever other term you want to use for it. Part of the pack, as someone else said. And the pack will single out anyone it considers different, anyone that doesn't conform to it's social standard. I think there is also sort of belief that if they join in on any bullying, then they won't get singled out themselves. Protection in bullying. But for the most part, I think bullying is about conformity and power. Bullies like the feeling of power. They seem to like the feeling of hurting someone, physically and/or mentally. They like destroying someone's life. It makes them feel powerful.

I was bullied before I started school. I was bullied in primary school, high school, and university. I was bullied at work, by people of all ages, some well in to their 40's and 50's. From my experience, bullies don't ever really seem to mature. If they encounter someone who is singled out and bullied, they'll join in as gleefully as they did when they were 15, or even 5.

Cucuboth said:
I think most 'normal' people (and we'll use that term loosely) want to fit in, be part of the group, the crowd, particularly the cool group, or whatever other term you want to use for it. Part of the pack, as someone else said. And the pack will single out anyone it considers different, anyone that doesn't conform to it's social standard. I think there is also sort of belief that if they join in on any bullying, then they won't get singled out themselves. Protection in bullying. But for the most part, I think bullying is about conformity and power. Bullies like the feeling of power. They seem to like the feeling of hurting someone, physically and/or mentally. They like destroying someone's life. It makes them feel powerful.

I was bullied before I started school. I was bullied in primary school, high school, and university. I was bullied at work, by people of all ages, some well in to their 40's and 50's. From my experience, bullies don't ever really seem to mature. If they encounter someone who is singled out and bullied, they'll join in as gleefully as they did when they were 15, or even 5.

But why? Why are we shunned? What do we do wrong? Why us?

I think some people....generally those who are inadequate and cowardly sense deep vulnerability in others and attempt to give themselves some kind of misguided sense of
worth by deepening the distress of others

To be honest man, the poor get poorer and the rich richer, they have their group of mates, they don't know what its like. You've got to spit in society's face sometimes, and keep your mindset flowing strong, try interacting with whoever the fresia you want, cause you got balls, you're on your own, yet are still talking to people? Madness

I can relate to this, I personally hear people saying honeysuckle like "why's he like that?" "I think he can't help it". Even my mate tells me "when I go places with you, people I know say you look stupid, and why am I with this idiot".

Then I ask him "So what is it about me they think is weird?" No answer, not really worth my time if I don't know what it is

Latest posts

Back