Some People....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
So we were returning home (a group of colleaues) and we saw a kid dressed as the character of Lord Hanuman. Having a mace in his hands and a fake tail.
He probably had participated in a stage show.
My colleagues laughed at him and one of them commented that,"Western people are planning to go to Mars and look at us."
I said,"Have you head about Comic-con? It happens in the western world."
Their laughter went to Mars.
I asked,"What is the problem if he dresses as the character he likes? What is the difference in people dressing as their favorite superheroes and him?"
I really wonder how something is wrong unless western world accepts it.
Same is for things like Yoga. Parents complained about how it was outdated and govt. should teach computers instead. Government did. Now that other countries are accepting it, same people complain,"Look, even other countries are following it and we, who invented it, don't. What a foolish government."

Some people are just blind to how the world is changing. We had a retrofest here not too long ago and I saw a two guys walking the streets one dressed as Deadpool and another in a green body suit with a black bathing suit on. Just last year the city I live in had it's first comic/cosplay convention and is having another one again this year. With how popular superheroes are right now it really isn't that odd to see anymore. Cosplay is becoming increasingly popular, the geeks have inherited the earth.

I understand you being angry, specially if those people laughed in front of the kid. I would feel the same, but when I read your post, some thoughts came to mind. One: I would consider if I want to continue associating with those type of people. Two: Was it a small child? Did he cried? If the answer of question Two is not, I would try to find within myself the real reason for wanting to speak up on behalf of someone I consider " weak"

Not something I want to say. And I am not considering the kid weak. What I want to say is that in my country, there are so many, so many people who undervalue everything that relates to their culture, considering it outdated, old fashioned. By the example of comic con, I want to say that, if the kid is being orthodox by dressing up as his favorite character, then are the people dressing as their favorite characters in events such events also orthodox?
Many Indian people felt 'offended' when they saw the music video of 'Hymn of the weekend' by Coldplay. Because they showed kids dressing up as Lord hanuman in it. How is that offensive? Why should they feel ashamed if someone dresses like that??Is he doing something different than people dressing up as spiderman or superman? What we do, is considered old fashioned and orthodox, unless someone, in the foreign country does it. And that is dumb.

Latest posts

Back