Should I just withdraw from college?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prodigy

Reaction score
I have previously dropped out of college twice due to depression and anxiety, and I recently re-enrolled again for the 3rd time, but I'm not sure if I make the right decision. My school will be starting in about a months time, and I can't stop feeling anxious.

I have this condition known as "face blindness" which impairs my ability to recognize faces.

Now this is what I fear most: During the first day of class, I'll make a bunch of new friends, and I sit together with my new friends at the first day of class, but what will happen during my second day of class when the lesson is conducted in a different classroom and when I walked into the class I'm unable to recognize the faces of my new friends?

Should I just go up to any random group of people in class and just sit down at the same table as them although there is a high chance they might not be my new friends and I might have recognized their faces wrongly? Or should I just sit alone in class during my 2nd day? But what if my new friends got offended because they saw me sitting at a different table from them? What should I do in this situation?

All these issues are just making me so anxious and I just feel like withdrawing from school right now, it's better to withdraw now than to end up dropping out again halfway.
Should I just withdraw my application now before it's too late? The school has already accepted my application and I have already paid my school fees, but if I withdraw my application now I'll still be able to have some of my school fees refunded back. So should I withdraw my application?

Get there early and be the first to sit down, then they could sit with you?

Or you could tell them and maybe ask if you can take a pic of them so you can remember.

I'm sure there is some way around it, but you'll do fine. Thinking about it too much will most likely only make it worse.

Tell them about your problem as the Real Callie suggests. Ask them to give you a wave so that you can join them. I have face blindness to an extent too and it is awkward when you walk right past someone and blank them simply because you haven't recognised them. I hope you find some nice new friends you can confide in. You are brave to go back and I hope it all works out for you.

Maybe the 3 its lucky for you ,never give and maybe you can succed who give up its defeated and i think you dont want this in your life

Latest posts

Back