The idea of dating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenncats

Reaction score
This idea scares me to death, I don't even do it. I have social anxiety, severe social anxiety. I got on a dating website and even talk to someone who sounded nice and lived close by but the idea terrified me meeting in person so I made up some excuses as to not to meet. This is so bad to do, I just need to come clean and tell him I'm not interested. I was going to meet him because I thought I should and not because I wanted to. He sounded boring over the phone and I knew I was leading him on, that's so wrong. So know I"m happily alone and single because dating scares the hell out of me.

Anyone else have these kinds of experiences? I bet not, I'm sure I'm the only one haha

Jenncats said:
This idea scares me to death, I don't even do it. I have social anxiety, severe social anxiety. I got on a dating website and even talk to someone who sounded nice and lived close by but the idea terrified me meeting in person so I made up some excuses as to not to meet. This is so bad to do, I just need to come clean and tell him I'm not interested. I was going to meet him because I thought I should and not because I wanted to. He sounded boring over the phone and I knew I was leading him on, that's so wrong. So know I"m happily alone and single because dating scares the hell out of me.

Anyone else have these kinds of experiences? I bet not, I'm sure I'm the only one haha

I wouldn't trust online dating sites as far as I can throw them (if they're too good to be true, they are). And yes, I'm probably happier without a girlfriend anyway. XD

Latest posts

Back