Unfriended

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dd11

Reaction score
Don't ya just love Facebook. I was browsing through and realized that someone popped up as "Add Friend". This person was already my friend so apparently he unfriended me at some point. Not sure why and guess i will never know. It is someone I work with. I have never had an unpleasant interaction so who knows? Anyway, whatevs. The beat goes on.

I deleted my account years ago and haven't looked back since.

But what you can do is download "social fixer" and it will have a setting there that tells you who deleted you.

Nah, if they want to unfriend me then so be it. I just don't get it.

When was the last time you noticed one of their posts or talked to them on FB? It doesn't sound like you were that close, so chances are, they just weeded out their friends list. I do that every one in a while. If I never talk to the person, sometimes they just get booted.

I have had that happen to me, but it was a person that I never really had anything to do with anyway.
Just an old school person.
That is a bit weird when you work with them tho.
Most people would not do that if you had not fall out cos it might make it awkward at work.
Maybe his account got lost or something and he made a new one?
Have you checked to see if you still have him on your friends list even tho you sew him in the add friend bit?
That is something that I see a lot.
What I mean is if he has made another account then you will still have his old one in your friends list.

LonesomeLoner said:
But what you can do is download "social fixer" and it will have a setting there that tells you who deleted you.

You know sometimes when I see my friends number count go down I wonder who it was.
Does that "social fixer" actually even work do you know? Would be kinda interesting to know lol
All tho I am not that bothered, I mean if the person meant anything to me I would know who they where anyway.

If they haven't deleted you from the real life workplace, I wouldn't be concerned.

Whenever I've been randomly unfriended, it was by people I haven't spoken to in a long time. Sometimes it'd even take me awhile to figure out who did the unfriending. Haha. Hell, I've unfriended people who didn't interact with me socially. No point in keeping someone just to increase the total of FB friends. Maybe this person just has a "close friends/family only" policy for social media.

delledonne11 said:
Don't ya just love Facebook. I was browsing through and realized that someone popped up as "Add Friend". This person was already my friend so apparently he unfriended me at some point. Not sure why and guess i will never know. It is someone I work with. I have never had an unpleasant interaction so who knows? Anyway, whatevs. The beat goes on.

Someone could have also created a phony account pretending to be them. Double-check to see if they're still on your friend list. If they are, then someone else has stolen their photos to create a phony account.

Bluey said:
LonesomeLoner said:

You know sometimes when I see my friends number count go down I wonder who it was.
Does that "social fixer" actually even work do you know? Would be kinda interesting to know lol
All tho I am not that bothered, I mean if the person meant anything to me I would know who they where anyway.

Try it and find out, it used to work. Be warned, there's probs about 100 settings and some will change things for you as soon as you install it. It's up to you to decide if it's worth it. Personally I found most of the settings useful at the time, but that site has gone through many changes since I left it.

I've been pretty open about a lot of my opinions on there so I've probably had about 100 people unfriend me if not more.

I do have a lot of international contacts that I haven't met though.

You have to purposefully unfriend someone. There are people who i have on Facebook and i just change the settings so their stuff doesnt' show up in my feed. You keep them on your friend list but it is like they aren't there.
Oh, and btw, i don't post a lot of stuff. I mean, i post family pics and so forth, but not that many of them. i dont' post pics of sad abused dogs or anything like that..
Anyway, i don't know why. It really doesn't matter why. It just hurts like it did when you were in 5th grade. As I said, i seem to get along with this person quite well at work. We have never had a cross word or anything like. So who knows?

BTW, Facebook has shut down social fixer and other apps that show who deleted you.

I've had 'friends' on Facebook delete me and all of them were the ones who added me. There was one person who I met on a forum and thought we'd become good friends and when she added me and accepted (we had met a couple of times in group meets), but deleted me and wasn't sure why. I thought I don't care but inside it did effect me.

I just found out my high school classmate had already unfriended me. The last time I met her, we hugged each other and had a nice chat and said goodbye. No reason to unfriend me. I was like WT.. why you... we were.. hmmm.. okay bye... whatever...

Someone might unfriend me too, sometimes. It hurts a tiny bit at first but then I just move on since I don't think we never were that close from the begin with either.

I went through a phase of deleting a lot of people on my friends list just cos I feel like the connection is redundant. We don't talk, we don't meet, we don't cross paths and they don't care about what happens in my life or whether I exist.

Sometimes it's a little liberating to do this sort of "clean-up". I wonder if that person was doing that? You could always try to drop a hint or a clue or something like that in your conversation with this person to indicate that you're not friends on Facebook anymore. I would just outright ask them if they had removed me... cos I just don't have the time to wait and wonder (if I'm concerned, that is). Otherwise, I'd just let it go.

Social media is what you make it. If you want it to be a drama fest, it will be. It you want it to be full of getting butthurt, it will be. If you want it to be simply a place to stay in touch with people you know, it will be. If you want to be a friend whore with millions of friends, you will be.

It's no different than real life.

Garrett said:
Watch the movie with the same name!

That was a horrible movie.....totally ridiculous and not even worth watching. lol

It is odd that someone you still work with would do this and not care about the potential awkwardness it could create. I'm assuming you requested them. You might want to see if they've deleted other co-workers, in which case it's probably that they decided to keep their private and work life separate.

Latest posts

Back