sometimes all it takes is being a friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This happened when i was in high school a long time ago.
I was came into the lunch room one day and picked up my food and was looking for a table without jerks which was few and far between and saw this guy sitting alone eating lunch who seemed kind of lonely type and he seemed like he needed a friend.
so i asked if i could sit down and eat with him, he was like ok... I introduced myself sat down started eating and noticed he was reading a book and i knew a little bit on the subject and we started talking and we got along. As time passed we become best friends and hung out together at lunch and had 6th period together which was art class and we talked and went to each others house and hung out. during this time i came to find out he was one of those kind of rare cases where he couldn't leave his room/house but he managed to get to school. this is what his mother told me anyway and i told her i will break him of this problem and i will drag his ass out kicking and screaming if i have too as well. she laughed i laughed he cringed because he knew i was serious as well as funny about it.

so as time went on we made some new friends and expanded our lunch group depending on who could keep up with the two of us since we were both into pc gaming,console gaming and all. we both even had our own web pages we worked on and both of us had girlfriends and both of us managed to finish high school.

in the end he did break free of his social fears and his phobia
you could say the moral of the story is in the title :)

Now this is the kind of friendship you like to hear about, good for you for taking a chance and befriending someone who needed it. It's too bad there aren't more people out there like you.

Latest posts

Back