Back to lonely weekends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuro

Reaction score
I'm back to having lonely weekends (not that I'm not lonely other days), as I recently broke up with my boyfriend (mutual decision). Now I'm dreading the loneliness. It doesn't help when I don't really have friends (have a thread about trying to make new friends). There are a lot of things I want to do, but no one to do it with. Sigh.

I know it is not ideal but can you do things yourself? Go out and hike, bike, sightsee, etc. Do things that please you.

Yes, I can do things in my own, which I do already. I just don't want to be a loner all the time.

delledonne11 said:
I know it is not ideal but can you do things yourself? Go out and hike, bike, sightsee, etc. Do things that please you.

Is there a meetup you can look into? There is a local meetup group here that plays board games. Or a cake decorating class, etc?

kuro said:
I'm back to having lonely weekends (not that I'm not lonely other days), as I recently broke up with my boyfriend (mutual decision). Now I'm dreading the loneliness. It doesn't help when I don't really have friends (have a thread about trying to make new friends). There are a lot of things I want to do, but no one to do it with. Sigh.

I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. As for being alone, that's kind of been my problem for a while now too. It's not great, I can relate there. Bouncing off of delledonne11,'s comment, but one thing I did try with limited success was meetup.com. Is there something similar for you, for finding local groups/stuff to do?

I do go to meet ups sometimes when I have the chance. They are good, but I'm socially awkward and don't know how to communicate with people. I find it very hard. I think I need to attend more meet ups.

What do you meet meet ups here?

delledonne11 said:
Is there a meetup you can look into? There is a local meetup group here that plays board games. Or a cake decorating class, etc?

I do attend meet ups, but I'm unable to attend any on a regular basis. I haven't been that successful with meet up too. I think it's something I need to try attend more in particular groups.

bluefox said:
kuro said:

I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. As for being alone, that's kind of been my problem for a while now too. It's not great, I can relate there. Bouncing off of delledonne11,'s comment, but one thing I did try with limited success was meetup.com. Is there something similar for you, for finding local groups/stuff to do?

What kind of things interest you? That is what i would focus on. Now, that you have some free weekend time is there anything new you would like to try? A new hobby, activity, etc that maybe you didn't have time for before? Are there some books you would love to read but didnt' have time? Painting? Learning to play the guitar, etc?

I'm sorry to hear about your breakup, Kuro. I don't really have any advice to give since I don't really have my life together at the time, but I just wanted to say I hope you're hanging in there.

Well, things like drawing, museums, galleries and zine fairs interest me. There isn't anything in particular be I want to try at the moment.

delledonne11 said:
What kind of things interest you? That is what i would focus on. Now, that you have some free weekend time is there anything new you would like to try? A new hobby, activity, etc that maybe you didn't have time for before? Are there some books you would love to read but didnt' have time? Painting? Learning to play the guitar, etc?

Thank you

TheSkaFish said:
I'm sorry to hear about your breakup, Kuro. I don't really have any advice to give since I don't really have my life together at the time, but I just wanted to say I hope you're hanging in there.

I'd suggest forget whatever you used to do with your bf and decide what you enjoy doing. Then once you've decided do exactly that thing - it might be a museum or it might be some kind of fair. Going alone will feel weird but that's the whole point. You know who you are, and by going alone you'll meet people like yourself and before you know it you won't feel alone at all. You'll find lots of people in the same situation and will quickly make friends and the weekend won't seem so lonely. Then it'll get far easier :)

Thanks

PS79 said:
I'd suggest forget whatever you used to do with your bf and decide what you enjoy doing. Then once you've decided do exactly that thing - it might be a museum or it might be some kind of fair. Going alone will feel weird but that's the whole point. You know who you are, and by going alone you'll meet people like yourself and before you know it you won't feel alone at all. You'll find lots of people in the same situation and will quickly make friends and the weekend won't seem so lonely. Then it'll get far easier :)

Latest posts

Back