Last of the Singles..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyFoxSeaton

Reaction score
I really enjoy being single and I can't see myself getting in any relationship for the rest of my life.

As a kid I had a deformity that made it so people weren't keen to get around me. As an adult 20+ that went away but, it was tough going. I was 10 years behind everyone else in development. Of course, there was the problem that I was inexperienced with no apparent explanation and also, my independence wafted out like a wall before me. Not going to say I pushed people away but a guy would offer to get my bag and I would say, nope I have it. Finally in my 40s after giving a few shots at it, and failing rather miserably... I just decided I was happy being single and I wasn't going to try anymore. I am happy being single.

But, the very last person at my workplace that was single is getting married. He is largely considered a catch but didn't seem to want to get married but now at 55 he has chosen to marry. So I am alone. Literally LITERALLY everyone else is married or in a relationship in my workplace.

Just tough to be *that* one. And it isn't about how attractive or normal you are. There are plenty of co workers who aren't attractive or weird but every one of them has someone. That isn't a plea for someone but it still is tough to be the very odd one out.

I know that being single is one the rise and I expect in about 10 years a lot of these people will be divorced but.. still.

How do you know some of your coworkers who are in bad relationships (if you have many coworkers, I can assure you at least a few are in bad relationships) aren't looking at you and your single, free life with envy?
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back