Question for men (or woman if you know the answer) haha

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HybridWarrior93

Reaction score
Ive never understood why men will look at me or stare but they never say anything! Im not beautiful or intimidating. I have a serious face though. A guy at my job would tell me hi when I was giving tours. He would always look at me. Id put in the effort and started talking to him about his projects or whatever. He was building a table I told him the table was beautiful but the legs didn't match. The next day I seen him cutting the legs off the table. I asked him for his number and he gave it to me and told me to call him. I haven't called him. I seen him once this week but he didn't say anything to me. Theres another guy I talk to at my job he was saying something and I made a joke he started laughing and we talked more a lady came and joined the conversation and he was just looking at me an other lady came to join the conversation she irritates me so I decided to get my stuff to go (I was 5 mins from being off work) he stopped the conversation and was like your leaving?? I said ya its timefor me to go. He asked if they guy I come to work with is my boyfriend and I said no hes my brother. Hes like oh hes a good worker. Im sure one of these people will get you soon then he walked away. honeysuckle like that drives me insane!!!!!!!

Both of these examples involve guys saying things. What's the question exactly?

I have a question for you though. You asked a guy for his number and he gave it to you. He asked you to call him. You haven't called him... why?

If you are wondering why he didn't say anything to you after that then it's probably because he thinks you never called so you probably aren't interested

I'd just say in general though just because a guy is looking at you doesn't mean he's available or even really that interested. Don't assume.

Now if you are wanting to actually be pursued then you are going to have to make it obvious you are available and looking.

Guys looking and not saying anything= not confident -- in my opinion
But those examples could be other things like what has already been said

I have to agree with kamya. You show the interest, ask for numbers, but then don't do anything.....I'm not saying you are here, but it would probably seem like you are playing games.
You can't really pursue and be chased at the same time. Pick one. If you make the first move, follow through. If not, at least show you're interested. Tell them to call you, if you don't plan to call them.

Sounds to me like you're attracting men, and you've probably considered that conclusion at some point. I don't get it - you've given two examples where it sounds like the guys are interested, yet you're still questioning about the staring. Hopefully you're just asking for an impartial view, but I think you know the answer anyway.

Also - confident of you to ask for the number...

admiration from a distance can be attributed mainly to a lack of self confidence, or possibly an existing relationship, or maybe just an apathy towards starting a new 1. i sure would hate to feel entitled to speak to someone every time i so much as admire their appearance. plus it's not just men that do this. i knew this girl who would legit stare at me, like prolonged eye contact, as an attempt at flirting i guess. but it was kind of intimidating and i didn't really like her, so

Latest posts

Back