ICELAND

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

snagglet16

I have not been in Iceland. But from what i see and hear, it is soooooooo beautiful! The language, the people, the culture. THE HAND CLAP CHEERING. IS AWESOME.

I want to go to Iceland.

My friend was just there recently and love it.

I really want to go as well.

Paraiyar said:
My friend was just there recently and love it.

I really want to go as well.

:D that is sooo cool, LOL GO WITH YOUR FRIEND OR JUST BY YOURSELF, YOU HAVE TO XD

Volt said:
I've been there twice on my own. Ask me anything.

:) whoa, that is so cool.

How was the trip for you? would you live there? who did you go with? did you get a souvenir? life changing?

I really want to see Iceland someday too. Looks like such a beautiful country.

snagglet16 said:
Volt said:
I've been there twice on my own. Ask me anything.

:) whoa, that is so cool.

How was the trip for you? would you live there? who did you go with? did you get a souvenir? life changing?

Both trips were amazing. Especially the second time felt like coming home. But that might've been that holiday feeling talking. I've always wanted to live there. I went on my own, so no one else.

I got some souvenirs. I found a hidden little shop on my second trip. It was a guy that used molten lava rocks to handcraft stuff. His studio was in the shop so it was visible. When asked he would happily explain the process. Really cool. Five days later i came back to purchase one for my sister and he remembered me. Was a pleasant experience. They're not cheap but they look great. I got a volcano like thing where you can put in a tealight. It's black with red at the top. If you want me to i could try and make/upload a picture of it.

I'm not certain about life changing. At the time it was my biggest achievement in terms of fear conquering. I had never been there and had no prior knowledge about pretty much anything. But off i went. That was amazing. I guess in that respect it was life changing.

What i guess surprised me the most is how good the tours were. They had plenty of organisations doing all kinds of tours, and there were two competing organisations that did kinda like the more popular and generic tours, if that makes sense. Anyway, when you land at the airport, you can buy a ticket for a bus of that company to take you to any hotel or hostel there is. In the Reykjavik area, that is. Even if they didn't have the hotel/hostel/whatever on the standard list, they'd still bring you there regardless.
Whenever you booked a tour, they'd pick you up at your hotel, bring you to a meeting point, go from there, and return everyone to their hotel when it's finished. I'm not sure if this is super normal as i've never really been anywhere else. I just thought it was super cool.

Sorry i'm rambling. I can talk for hours regarding Iceland. Hope i answered your questions.

One of my wild dreams is to travel. I always liked Iceland and Finland. Just waiting to win the lotery some day to go there.

Xpendable said:
One of my wild dreams is to travel. I always liked Iceland and Finland. Just waiting to win the lotery some day to go there.

Would you believe it that one of my dreams is also to win the Lotto :p

I would buy a camper van and tour round the world.
The only problem I have is it would be more exiting to do that with another.
Oh and another problem I have right now is paying for it lol

So if there are any rich people who read this then why dont you do something worth wile to day and give me some of your money :p

It will liberate you :D Oh and make you feel good about your self :D

If you give me a hundred grand then this will buy Bluey a van that can, But if you give Bluey a few million this will not only give him (ME) a van that can but also enough to tour the world for a few years and then also leave me set up for life. So reach deep into your pockets and make a difference to MY life :D

Latest posts

Back