True of False-If you wear glasses these days, you aren't even trying

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
you aren't even trying? true or false boyo's? PLEASE NOTE that I'm not talking about the whole"fashion hipster cool ********* geeky" glasses that are part of a half-assed "oooh look at me, I am a cool off-beat hipster with my buddy holly glasses" look....I am talking about an average dude with regular eye glasses he needs to see honeysuckle, who wears them every day every second he isn't asleep, choosing to keep on wearing them basically 24/7 instead of putting in his contacts or just getting lasix.

so true or false: .is being a young guy and just opting to wear your regular eyeglasses every single day of your life constitute not even trying? I think, so, because there really aren't too many teens, 20 or 30-something guys you see these days who wear eyeglasses out in public and at home, every single day of their lives. Seems like everyone under the age of with bad eyesight either wears contacts or has gotten lasix.

its funny, because i just recently noticed that whenever I go out in public (to the mall, grocery shopping, to work, etc.), that I am LEGIT like the ONLY DUDE under the age of 50 who wears regular old eye glasses. The ONLY other guys I see wearing eyeglasses are really old dudes who have cataracts or something. It was kind of EYE-OPENING, if you will. Legit, seriously, I was just like, "well honeysuckle, nobody seems to wear regular eyeglasses anymore except for me and really old dudes and old ladies."

I wear eyeglasses. A lot of my peers, and people younger than I wear them here as well. I don't own contacts. And don't think they would be practical where I work.

I am a young guy wearing glasses and always preferred them over having to put stuff directly onto my eyeballs. What exactly am I "not trying"? To feign having perfectly functioning eyeballs? I guess so, but I don't mind.

The only thing I can't do is wear a balaclava properly and rob a bank. That's a terrible shame, but you can't have everything...

I have to wear glasses for reading long distance but I really don't like wearing them,so I tend to carry them around with me and just not wear them unless I absoloutely have to.I would try contact lenses but I don't like the idea of putting them in.

I wear glasses due to vision problems. Contacts seem like more trouble than they're worth, and I don't feel like saving up for Lasik surgery. Glasses look nice anyway.

ETA: what does all this have to do with "trying"?

Does 'not trying' mean, not giving yourself a chance of success with the opposite sex?

I also wear glasses.

Who the fresia cares? Why do we have to make ourselves look like the perfect person on TV or we're "not even trying"?

I dont have any eye problems so I don't wear glasses. Not trying would be doing nothing to fix your eye problems. Wearing glasses is something. They work just fine.

Are you saying that wearing glasses is a negative thing that should be avoided if there are any other alternatives? There are many cons to the alternatives. And the alternatives don't work for everyone that might need to wear glasses.

I used to wear glasses but I found that my eyes were getting weaker when I wasn't wearing them so I stopped.

So when you see a stranger wearing glasses, how do you know if they're wearing glasses simply to be a hipster or because they genuinely need glasses? Don't they look the same? Perhaps people on the street think you're doing the hipster look too. Or is there some secret sign or code I'm missing?

I suppose people pass judgement, fairly or unfairly, on those who wear glasses but it's no more than judging people on how they dress or their hairstyle. If you need to wear glasses or prefer to wear glasses, why bother looking to others?

-Teresa

I wear glasses and contacts when I can afford them. I prefer wearing contacts when I can, only because I am so clumsy and always found my glasses annoy me. If I ever came into enough money for laser I might have it, but franky would rather spend that money on travelling.

I have never noticed anything about who does or doesn't wear glasses, it hasn't crossed my mind to read anything into any of it. If this is in a dating context, I don't find glasses unattractive.

edit. i would be the 1st to admit that i am not trying. Not trying to impress strangers with how i am supposed to dress.

Latest posts

Back