Time for a reboot!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice But Dim Jim

Reaction score
Well I thought I'd come on here and vent my frustrations out.

My life has been going fantastically over the last 6months and as luck would have it the better/easier my life gets, the worse my depression gets.

I've just been promoted with a nice big increase in wage. I now hate the job, it's soul destroying and I'm thinking of quitting next week without any backup plan

I've been dating a lovely girl for a couple of months until 2 days ago. I just can't deal with anyone anymore and felt smothered.

Ive been off work since Friday and haven't left the house or spoke to anything. I've just slept. This blows!

Personally from my experience if you don't have a backup plan you need one. Even if your job is soul sucking being depressed and out of work will make it worse. My last job wasn't soul sucking but the boss made it soul sucking, I had no real plan and everything kind of went to honeysuckle. I was really depressed, had no money, no job, had to move back home and spent a couple years in a depressed funk. Part of that was spent taking care of things at home while my mom recovered some surgery. When I started looking for another job it wasn't easy, everything was stressing me out and making me more depressed. Had I better prepared for the fallout it probably would have not been so bad. That's just from my experience though, I'm different than you. Maybe quitting your job will help alleviate some of your depression. Only you will know that. Being depressed and out of work is not easy unless you are good at hiding your emotions and faking your way through life.

Could you stay at your job for a while longer, just to earn enough to have a financial 'cushion' so that if you need time out, you have the money to support yourself? Or do you feel too depressed to cope?
You could explain to the girl you have been going out with that you are depressed and that you can't handle company at present. Hopefully she will understand and will wait till things are better for you.
It sounds as though you need proper help and support to help you through this.

Nice But Dim Jim said:
I've just slept. This blows!
hey now sleeping all day is almost always great
i feel you tho, except for the whole life going fantastically, mine isn't. but if your life is theoretically going great yet your depression is still keeping you down more than ever, then in practicality your life isn't going fantastic at all, no?

Latest posts

Back