Can't make friends anymore.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fragile

Reaction score
Last year i switched to an new scholl because I got to study at the university. Back at my old school I had some friends, even a girl I really liked to hang with, but now it's all gone.

Like I have to start from scratch, but I guess that's Life for you. Like playing with your emotions or something,

I've had a rough year up untill this point. I had 2 calssmates that I really liked and could talk to, but they're gone. They dropped out. And the last semester was really though for me but I made it through, like a champ, basically.

At that last presentation of my work I was trembling with anxiety, it was bad.

And now I'm soon up for my second year, but how do I make any friends or meet any girls? I don't know, and I feel so depressed about it.

I can't even sleep at night, even though it's a month away but, I'm just so scared of all of this.

I'm not a social person, I don't know how to deal with this! Yet the only thing I want is friends and a girlfriend to love and have fun with.

You had friends so you made some friends at school. You will probably make more it's just your anxiety. Sounds like if you could overcome it or learn how to deal with it you'd be fine. Depending on the type of person you are you may need to just hold your nose and jump into the pool or take baby steps and ease yourself into it.

With not being able to sleep because you are worry about it so much, something that I found worked for me was reading, writing, or watching tv until I was too tired to keep my eyes open. Then I'd review it over in my head to keep my mind from going where I didn't want it and keeping me up. Worked most times. Doesn't work for everyone though. But you could give it a try see if it helps.

Yeah, once you hit college and a lot of people start moving around, dropping out, changing majors, etc, the scene starts to shift a lot. Going through classes, exams, etc, without social support sucks.

I'm prone to always wanting more than I have, but I try to remind myself not to stress too much about it. I think focusing on getting results too much is counterproductive, in that you push yourself to exhaustion, waste time on any frivolous piece of advice in the hopes of payoff, and neglect yourself in the meantime.

It's like how studying for 12 hours a day isn't actually that much more productive than studying for 4, because you won't retain it past a point. Better to spend it going on a walk, cooking a nice meal, and doing something relaxing even if you have to give up the desire to burn through all the material at lightspeed and become super-good at something super-fast. There's only so much any one of us can do in a day or a semester and we shouldn't punish ourselves for that.

For a lot of people I think alternatives are needed, because we can't nurture ourselves on nothing but the desire for something other than what is.

Although I certainly can't blame you for wanting to meet friends, this is just my attempt to offer something that might be useful.

Latest posts

Back