Favorite Board Game

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick Travis

Reaction score
People are drawn to the beauty and simplicity of Pente. It's a pleasure to play. I have six different sets. In high school, I would start games on the chalkboard. It's fun for spectators as well.

Interesting, I never heard of this game before, I thought it was Go when I first looked at it, I might give it a go. As for me I guess my favourite board game is Chess for lack of a better option.

If you like Monopoly, then get Monopoly City. It is a more fun version. You get to build skyscrapers in addition to houses. And, you get to put a rubbish dump or sewage plant on someone else's property to devalue it. Also, there is one stadium for sale and you can put that on your property for extra income. You can also put a school on your property which then blocks someone from putting a prison or rubbish dump on your property. It is a bit confusing when you first get it, but if you play it through a few times you will get it and you can make your own rules as well. Also, properties get auctioned as well and there is a timer where you compete with bids out loud and the last bid before the timer can get the property. It's fun.

With Monopoly, I have been doing this thing. I bought a bunch of versions, tossed the boxes, and stacked the boards into one box case.
I have been collecting game pieces, hotel sets, you name it.
Now, I have those crafting cases and fishing tackle boxes with those cubby holes. I have all these different hotel sets, game pieces from limited editions I hunted for. I have the cash credit card thing. (For those jerks for like to keep hiding their 500 bills so we forget about them when the hit Boardwalk, jerks)
So it's all sorted and it's like the Ultimate Monopoly. (Cost me enough)

All my board games are super nerdy and embarrassing to mention. Of all the classic games, I'd go with Clue, so long as I get to be Colonel Mustard. My favorite party game is called Telestrations, and it's really hilarious.

Brings me back to the movie CLUE, that has to be one of the only movies to be based off an intellectual property like a board game that was fantastic.

Latest posts

Back