language resources advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayfarer

Reaction score
Hello, I've started revising French recently. I used to be able to speak it around 10 years ago, but I had stopped practicing it and as a result forgot most of it.
Idk if this is the right place where to post this, but can someone please recommend me some basic French book to start reading? I don't mean books about language, but novels that use simple language.
Thanks in advance :)

Ehm... Le Petit Prince- A. de Saint-Exupery, maybe?

For German practice, the first that pops into my mind is Emil und die Detektive- Erich Kästner.

zero said:
For German practice, the first that pops into my mind is Emil und die Detektive- Erich Kästner.

Hey, do you like German, too ? I'm guessing so.

Check the Assimil serie of books to review/refresh the basics.
Then I suggest to go straight to books + audiobooks (like the little prince as already suggested, you can find both the book and the audiobooks for free). Better if the book is in electronic format to check easily the words you don't know with a dictionary (with e-readers you just need to press the word you don't know and the definition pops-up).

Also check "Steve Koufmann - Lingosteve" on youtube, he speaks a lot of languages (like more than 10) and has a lot of good suggestions. If you like it, then I suggest to check "Luca Lampariello" and "Vladimir Skultety" too.

Try to read French wikipedia. You can find articles about things you enjoy and know, so it will be easy to learn French again :)
For me this was a part of a very successful and quick language learning experience, despite I learned an almost new language.

I wish I could help. I have an asstonne of LD's which make learning a new language with an adult brain really hard. I know a tiny bit of Hebrew. The magic method is literally going to the country where the language is spoken. That isn't an option for me.

Latest posts

Back