Family make me so mad and angry, not sure what to do.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry94

Reaction score
I've recently had to move back home with "Family" as I dont earn enough money from work to live on my own and I cant take it. When I'm alone I'm happy, I kind off enjoy life yet, when I'm with them I feel so angry and anxiety. I cant go out with them because I feel so uneasy but when I'm alone I'm fine. They really anger me and make me so mad I get so many urges to beat the crap out of my dad. I want to smash his head in same too my sisters. I dont know why I just do my head is messed I dont know whats going on inside it, urghhhhhh

Or a second job?

There are always other options for you. What about a roommate or something like that? You didn't HAVE to move back in with them, you chose to. The other options may not have been ideal, but they allowed you to move back in, so maybe try to understand or talk to them about what they do.

As much as they might anger you, they are helping you out in a difficult time. That has to be worth something. Sometimes you just need to change the way you think about people. Maybe they are really annoying or rude or whatever. You really can't change them, but only can change yourself and your response to them. Do you really want to feel that knot in your stomach all the time? They are who they are. Anger occurs when reality doesn't meet your expectation. They are who they are. You aren't going to change them. I think you just need to take a deep breathe and don't give so much stock to what they are doing/saying.

I've moved back home with family too, recently. I know it can be a annoying and complicated at times.. well, often lol
I can't really add anything much than wasn't already said.
I know it's not that easy, but try and be more patient with them and try to speak to them about what bothers you, little by little. I'm not sure you'll be able to "solve" the situation, but at least you'd have tried and you'd have a clearer idea of what course of action to take, be it moving out again and get a second job, or staying with them.

Latest posts

Back