Whats the worst thing about your job?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
For me the worst part of my job is that everyday I have to call in at 5 am and that I get sent to the floors that are shortest on staff. Most of the time when I get there, I have noticed they give me the harder jobs. I think it is because they look out for thier own. A lot of days here lately, I haven't been getting lunch or breaks. There are times it's hard to get away to the bathroom. By the end of the day I am so thirsty from not drinking enough that I go home and devour large glasses of water. I am so ready to leave this job. I am thankful for it and what I have learned but, a girl can only take so much. It has become a nightmare here lately.

God Naleena that dose seem very toff. That's not an easy job and I see what you mean about them putting you in the hardest job. And my Guss is if there understaffed and that is why your there other wise they would not want you then automatically there going to be behind on there work :(

Is there know body that you can talk to about this? or get a transfer to somewhere which means you don't have to keep moving around like this?

I don't have a job so I can't comment on that. All I can say is its not as easy as some might think to not be working.

Naleena said:
For me the worst part of my job is that everyday I have to call in at 5 am and that I get sent to the floors that are shortest on staff. Most of the time when I get there, I have noticed they give me the harder jobs. I think it is because they look out for thier own. A lot of days here lately, I haven't been getting lunch or breaks. There are times it's hard to get away to the bathroom. By the end of the day I am so thirsty from not drinking enough that I go home and devour large glasses of water. I am so ready to leave this job. I am thankful for it and what I have learned but, a girl can only take so much. It has become a nightmare here lately.

Naleen~I can relate to how you are feeling. I'm sorry to hear your co-workers are taking advantage of you. Being like minded people I know doing the right thing is what comes first with you, and making sacrifices to get things done shows you care about what you are doing. Please keep in mind that people can only take so much and we all need our breaks, and time to recoup. I do believe their should be some state laws in place that state how much break time people receive, just in case you need to point that out to co-workers. I know from my own experience if I don't stop me for my breaks no one will. I'm sure no one has stopped to tell you what a good job you are doing. So I will, You're doing a great job, thank you.

Now my story, a bit of a description of what I do before I start my ranting. :) Being in the industry of making car parts, interior components, knobs, levers etc. (and everyone knows right now the car industry isn't exactly booming right now) I'm a Quality Assurance person. All this summer we can't seem to keep people with this company, and we have been doing five days of work in four days so they can try to make a prophet, we have collected unemployment for one day a week. Do to not keeping people more work gets put on each person. We all seem to have to take on three peoples jobs, and we don't get any more money for it, and if we make mistakes it's our fault. So being me when I'm stressed out I joke with people to relieve stress for myself and others, and it works for most people to laugh a little. Lately though there are some office people that have to help us and when things go wrong they take it out on me, getting snippy, pissy and angry because I have a sense of humor even under stress. Mind you if that was me being angry, pissy, and snippy I would get fired for treating others like this. So when I tried to joke with a couple of the office personnel I was told I was bing disrespectful, but it's ok when they do the joking and putting down of other people, and I have been in the room when they do it, they have even busted my butt at times. All this week at work I have put on the pissiest look I can keep on my face without busting out laughing, and every time one of the office people are out on the floor I let them see it. (I hope they enjoy the new me, and I'm pretty ugly when I don't smile, ha ha) And my boss has been only having me do extra work with my department, I kind of think it's his was of protecting me. I think he's throwing the work back at them. Anyway my biggest problem is that the upper management can do what they want with no repercussions and when the little guy does something they don't like it. My husband agrees with me that the upper management is not being professional, after all they are the leaders, they get what they give and display. My husband said the stress isn't worth it that I could leave the job if I wanted to. I do want to but there aren't many jobs out there right now and this November I will have four years invested into this job. I'm proud to do my job the right way, and don't mind to go above and beyond what is expected of me, even if they don't appreciate it, and I enjoy the people on my level (I call us the pee ons,)

*kicking self if the butt for not going back to school* now I know I could take some classes to get out of this situation, but I don't know what I want to be. Any suggestions on how to decide where to start? I was thinking of doing an online class but don't know what to start with. Should I start with some basic classes to get back in the grove of things or is there some kind of self survey I could do to help me decide what direction to go in?

Thanks for listening :)

Naleena I have worked in offices where it was seen "bad" to have breakfast, lunch or breaks. I later realized that these people had double standards. While I wasn't getting lunch and lunch break, they would be out for lunch for like two hours. So I planned it this way, I packed a couple of sandwiches for breakfast. Ate them on the way to the office or ate them right when I arrived in the office, while I was preparing to start my work. And when they expected me to work during lunch time, I had a little box of food I had prepared beforehand. If they were pissy about it, I would smile at them calmly and say, yes, I'll do that immediately after I am finished eating. If they were nagging, I would repeat my sentence over and over again, with a smile. I would also bring a bottle of water to work so I would have something to drink. Please do not give up your nutrition for work, you need to watch out for your well being.

i've been having major problems in work lately. I'm constantly put down and belittled in front of patients and my colleagues,I never get any help, but the minute i do smething wrong i'm heavily criticised. My confidence and self esteem is now non existant. In fact i have spent up to three hours crying my eyes out in the toilets in work because of it.

I've also been sexually harrased there, i got off the bus one morning and a colleague of mine crept up behind me and grabbed me and wouldnt let me go. He's a big fat 50 year old perv. Once he sees me on my own there, he creeps up and puts his hands on my legs and round my shoulders, it makes me feel sick and scared.

Also people there have had go at me because i'm half Italian :S i can't help that and i cant see why my italian surname should cause so much offence. Not only that but the people i work with are extremelly racist and in fact told me to tell a person on the phone 'to fresia off because you're black'.

Its got so bad there that i haven't been into work this week, my confidence, self esteem and self worth have all been zapped from me. In fact i would rather die than ever have to go back there again.

The constant smell of nail polish bugs me. I wish I had an office job.

They can't keep a freakin schedual, they are unorgainized. I have to work with and sit on a bus 3 hours a day with the most obnoxious loud and immature people in the world.

I'm going to be working till the last day of summer, when we should have been by the end of july, and we'll probably be getting less than two weeks in instead of 3 and in total i'll probably make $400 from this honeysuckle

9am - 5pm is the bit I dislike. Everything either side of that is cool.

Having to look at every customer in the eye and give a positive greeting.

I hate my boss. She is an idiot... I am only getting 8 hours a week too at minimum wage -_-. I am searching for a new job. Other then that... I kinda like working at a grocery store. I clean the store, and after doing it for a year everything has gotten so routine that I don't mind it. I'm not really bothered by anyone either. If only I could just get more hours.

Two overbearing bosses looking over my shoulder all of the time. Also, not doing what I was hired to do (ie, other things that a trained monkey could do).

Sigh, i really want another job. I just sent my resume (and a **** good one too, I think) off to a better place, but I still have yet to hear anything back.

Latest posts

Back