Rocky Horror Picture Show VS Shock Treatment

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick Travis

Reaction score
Part of my college life was Rocky every weekend. It wasn't until much later that the real meaning dawned on me, giving one's self over to absolute pleasure isn't such a good idea. Like good science fiction, the meaning can be postponed in favor of entertainment.

Shock Treatment, on the other hand, is right in one's face. I understand why this “equal not a sequel” wasn't as popular. I'm sure it hit home with a lot of people in denial. Coming out of denial is a painful process. I not only appreciate the bluntness, I find the movie better than Rocky.

Mick Travis said:
Part of my college life was Rocky every weekend. It wasn't until much later that the real meaning dawned on me, giving one's self over to absolute pleasure isn't such a good idea. Like good science fiction, the meaning can be postponed in favor of entertainment.

Shock Treatment, on the other hand, is right in one's face. I understand why this “equal not a sequel” wasn't as popular. I'm sure it hit home with a lot of people in denial. Coming out of denial is a painful process. I not only appreciate the bluntness, I find the movie better than Rocky.

Shock Treatment has the better soundtrack. Ahead of its time in a way; the filmmakers unintentionally predicted reality TV. I do prefer Rocky Horror overall, though. It's just more of a pleasurable viewing experience. I interpreted the movie's message as one of self discovery and embracing your true self. Not necessarily a bad message to take in.

reynard_muldrake said:
I interpreted the movie's message as one of self discovery and embracing your true self.

That's the way I used to see Rocky when I was younger.

There are no heroes in either film.

I'll take shock treatment over Rocky Horror Picture Show... And by that, I mean I'd rather be tasered than to ever watch that again.

Latest posts

Back