More and More Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samrphgue

Reaction score
I know its sad to say i miss high school. But ever since i left ive felt more and more lonely.

I was in band as the drum captian my senior year and played a big part in the program. I had the most friends ive had in my entire life and I was happy.

But after graduation and being shown the love from some friends and family, i started seeing less and less of them. I had a girlfriend at the time, which was one of the things that kept me going, however we broke up around 6 months ago.

the friends i though were very close to me dont text me unless i start a conversation. i might try to make plans but it seems like theyre always busy, leading me to believe maybe they dont want to spend their time with me. I know it might be in my head, but we all know how people can be..

I live with one of my friends (and his family) from high school whos 2 years younger than me, but rarely spend time with him or his family. I look forward to work because i actually get to talk to my coworkers/managers/customers and express myself. but sometimes even there, im alone.

I try to occupy myself by going on hikes by myself, watching youtube videos, netflix, video games.. but i know who i am is not normal. im alone and theres no end in sight.

samrphgue said:
Restless soul said:
Ok. How old are you?

i just turned 19

I'm older than that. Everyone I know has been through something like what you're talking about. Chapters in peoples' lives come to an end and it's sad. Some of the people we knew move on, following their own paths that fork off in new directions and it's sad when their path doesn't include us.

I've been there but I can't make it better for you. Basically you're grieving for a loss and there's no real answer for grief except to endure it until we're grieved out and then it becomes not so bad and we can be more glad that we had something good for awhile than we are sad that it's over.

So say goodbye to high school, let it become a fond memory and figure out what comes next. At 19, there's an awful lot of tomorrows coming your way.

I'm older than that. Everyone I know has been through something like what you're talking about. Chapters in peoples' lives come to an end and it's sad. Some of the people we knew move on, following their own paths that fork off in new directions and it's sad when their path doesn't include us.

I've been there but I can't make it better for you. Basically you're grieving for a loss and there's no real answer for grief except to endure it until we're grieved out and then it becomes not so bad and we can be more glad that we had something good for awhile than we are sad that it's over.

So say goodbye to high school, let it become a fond memory and figure out what comes next. At 19, there's an awful lot of tomorrows coming your way.
[/quote]

thank you.. i know this and it helps to be reassured.

Knowing im still young and have a lot of life left gives me some hope that i may find happiness. but its difficult when it feels like theres no end.

samrphgue said:

[/quote

thank you.. i know this and it helps to be reassured.

Knowing im still young and have a lot of life left gives me some hope that i may find happiness. but its difficult when it feels like theres no end.

Well I am 37. And I always had long bouts of feeling lonely and isolated. But this is the worst it has been. And age does play a factor for sure. Not going to go into long detail on this post.

Have you tried meetup.com? Maybe there are groups in your area that you can join.

Latest posts

Back