"Let's just be friends..."

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonely Heart

Reaction score
Does anyone else who discovers you fancy them give you the whole "Let's just be friends, okay?" thing with no actual intention of following through with it? About a month ago I revealed to a gay aquaintance (the closest thing to a friend I have at the moment) that I fancied him, and he looked at me as if I was the most pitiful creature that had ever disgraced the Earth before finally saying "Listen, I really like you as a person... let's just be friends, okay?" and gave me a charity case smile. That was a month ago. He's been screening my calls since.

Gah... I'm so sick of being the weird 'friend' (oh and by friend, they mean someone who they'll say 'hello' to if they saw me on the street, but otherwise wouldn't bother giving me he time of day.)

Who else get's the 'friend' treatment?

Ye to get stuck in the friendship zone really sucks huh

Dude! At lest you was honest to your mate. If you had not had been then you would still be seat there wondering what could had been. I would say you did the right thing. its not you friends fault that he dose not like you back in that way. He was honest back and maybe he just dose not want to risk the friendship you have.

You have been honest to him. Respect for that. And am sure your mate was flatted even though he dose not wont to take it any further.

*raises hand*

if they are going out of their way to be honest, it would be much better if they just flat out said "ew, i dont want to talk to you again", rather than say "lets be friends" and then avoid you for the rest of your life.

I've had my share of the "let's be friends" treatment. Seriously, people should just say it if they don't want to talk.

oh man..I hate it when i get informed that i belone in just the lets just be friend section.lol
Freindship is good though. You gotta have someone to talk to when you get in an argument
with your lover or to just get the hell away. Those almost lip lock moments are wierd.lol
You know they want too, but you can't becuase sometimes you're really not sure if you're
still in the freindship section still.lmao By then..you'll probably be involve with somebody else too
just to make it more heart wrenching.lol

It's more like you're an insurance...just incase.lol

Lonesome Crow said:
oh man..I hate it when i get informed that i belone in just the lets just be friend section.lol
Freindship is good though. You gotta have someone to talk to when you get in an argument
with your lover or to just get the hell away. Those almost lip lock moments are wierd.lol
You know they want too, but you can't becuase sometimes you're really not sure if you're
still in the freindship section still.lmao By then..you'll probably be involve with somebody else too
just to make it more heart wrenching.lol

It's more like you're an insurance...just incase.lol

lol That true :)

5162008122822PM_770.jpg

:(

Latest posts

Back