Personality traits

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorbachov

Reaction score
So, i've been thinking about my double-sided personality as of late. Does it count as multiple personality disorder only when a person shifts from one identity to a completely different one? Or does it start with having almost as if completely different takes on things?
Most of my life i've been having trouble making decisions and in a weird way it feels like i've been childish yet very serious all my life. My 6th grade teacher told me that it was odd that i wasn't like the other boys in my class. They were all loud, going absolutely berserk where was i - the kid who had grown up way too fast, being responsible and mature, supposedely. Yet, In the 8th grade i was quite outgoing - telling jokes and interesting conspiracy theories. I was the attention grabber back in those days. After some unfortunate events, which are mentioned in my depression thread - it almost felt my 2 different personalities sort of clashed and were battling each other since then. The outgoing, childish clown and the serious, cynical dweller.
Could it be that following the events which led to my depression i am just still trying to tap into that old mentality or is something just not right with me?
Maybe it's just all part of being a human being?

Gorbachov said:
So, i've been thinking about my double-sided personality as of late. Does it count as multiple personality disorder only when a person shifts from one identity to a completely different one? Or does it start with having almost as if completely different takes on things?
Most of my life i've been having trouble making decisions and in a weird way it feels like i've been childish yet very serious all my life. My 6th grade teacher told me that it was odd that i wasn't like the other boys in my class. They were all loud, going absolutely berserk where was i - the kid who had grown up way too fast, being responsible and mature, supposedely. Yet, In the 8th grade i was quite outgoing - telling jokes and interesting conspiracy theories. I was the attention grabber back in those days. After some unfortunate events, which are mentioned in my depression thread - it almost felt my 2 different personalities sort of clashed and were battling each other since then. The outgoing, childish clown and the serious, cynical dweller.
Could it be that following the events which led to my depression i am just still trying to tap into that old mentality or is something just not right with me?
Maybe it's just all part of being a human being?
Well personality disorders certainly exist it's maybe due to increased awareness of the different elements of your own personality...I think it's rarely the case that a person has two or more distinct personalities but it's not unknown...if you find it troubling best to seek some professional help anxiety and depression can create a raft of self doubt but medication or councilling or both can help a lot.

Latest posts

Back