a dangerous curiosity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naizo

Reaction score
i've always wanted to cut myself.

not sure why, but ever since my grandpa died it's been a thought to me, every time my life brings me to a situation i'd rather not deal with.

thing is, i don't like being uncomfortable.

the first girl i ever slept with, turned out to be my dads girlfriend at the time. i put a cigarette out in my palm in front of them to sort've show that i could take the pain of such a bullshit outcome. but the thought of cutting my wrist or flesh seems so very appealing and yet at the same time, not.

i dont treat it lightly and im not one to condone it. but, in all honesty, ive wanted too but never had the balls to.

Naizo said:
i've always wanted to cut myself.

not sure why, but ever since my grandpa died it's been a thought to me, every time my life brings me to a situation i'd rather not deal with.

thing is, i don't like being uncomfortable.

the first girl i ever slept with, turned out to be my dads girlfriend at the time. i put a cigarette out in my palm in front of them to sort've show that i could take the pain of such a bullshit outcome. but the thought of cutting my wrist or flesh seems so very appealing and yet at the same time, not.

i dont treat it lightly and im not one to condone it. but, in all honesty, ive wanted too but never had the balls to.
Recognise it for what it is ...a wish to resolve emotional pain, it maybe works for some people in the very short term but then becomes habitual and I would imagine very hard to let go of...and having to deal with ongoing scaring can't be at all helpful...any possibility of you getting the opportunity to get some talking therapy..maybe a self referral..that would help

I wanted to say something similar to what the above person said.

Plus, you don't want to cut yourself, it's not what it all seems. I once self harmed while I was suffering from psychosis and cut my wrist. Now I have to live with scars. I just find it really embarrassing that I did something stupid, though I had lost touch with reality at the time. Luckily no one has asked me about the scars, yet!

Latest posts

Back