Shyness and Girls

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight

Reaction score
Ok I am shy, especially towards girls, I always go to church dances but am too shy to ask any to dance. Well I like this girl from church and she is shy too, she tells me that she doesn't go to dances. She told me she has to work on the day of the next dance so she might be late but that might be a good thing. We talk on facebook once in a while. Now I know she's shy even more than me in some areas!

What should I do? I like her but I'm shy and she's shy too. I want to dance and talk with her but she is too shy to go to dances. The next one is this coming saturday night by the way. How do I convince her to go?

She decided not to go to the last dance. She said- I didn't go. I know it's lame but that's I roll.

well you could always take things slowly and not pressure her to go to the dance, and take things at her pace, but I'm no expert when it comes to girls, but that is what I'd do

Good question....uh......

*notices hes in way over his head and looks around for help*

I'd say keep on just talking to her and eventually she will not be as shy and start opening up more

But anyone else's help is appreciated here

Lol, thanks that sounds like good advice :) I'll check back tomorrow it's 12.30 at night here.

NeverMore said:
I'd say keep on just talking to her and eventually she will not be as shy and start opening up more

Sound right to me. Dances could be an uncomfortable situation for her if she is shy. Continued talking and getting to know her better may eventually put her more at ease with the idea, without pressing her on it, if she knows that you are going to be there Knightsofwar210.

This is not intended to imply that i know anything.

Is dancing the only option? How about going for a walk in a park? Dinner? Fair? Maybe she really doesn't like church dances. If she's talking to you and you like her, take your time man.

I hate the first bit in a relationship. The bit when both ppl are shy like where your at. But then the two girlfriends I had I wished 6 moths into them that I was back at the shy bit lol

there is no right and wrong way to do this things. I think you both sound shy. When you do get there I think you well make a good partners. Just try and not miss out on any opportunity. Face book can be good for this. Just keep sending her some applications along with other ppl. The other ppl are not little to do them but my Guss is this girl well cos you sent them. Could be a good ice breaker.

All tho I have a girl that I got talking to in a pub why Vere drunk and she added me to face book and I think she likes me and Ive not really talked to her on there :( Am not sure if I like her back in that way but I Guss I well never know in tell I start talking. So who am I to advice? well, I Guss giving advice is a lot easier then taking it.

The more the two of you interact, the more comfortable you will become with each other. TIME is your friend in a situation like this. I'm a woman, so pay attention to what I'm going to tell you. :p (I noticed that no other women have responded to this thread yet.)
If you have good magnners, use them. If you don't have good manners, GET THEM, lol. Be polite. Make eye contact a LOT. Don't stare at her, but DO look her in the eyes when you're speaking to her. I think that the more you put her at ease, with your polite manners and witty charm, the less shy SHE will be. Disarm her with your kindness. Smile at her often. If she is fond of you, she will mimick your behavior. Can you call her? Talking on the phone it a LOT easier than talking in person, when you're dealing with shyness. That may be a good way to get more comfortable with each other. You're at an awkward age when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex. It's a lot of trial and error. Hopefully, you won't have that many "errors." :p Good luck, dear and she is lucky to have such a sweet guy interested in her.

Eve

EveWasFramed said:
I'm a woman, so pay attention to what I'm going to tell you. :p

Trust me I hung over every word :D

EveWasFramed said:
You're at an awkward age when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex.

Tell me? what is not an awkward age? As for as I can see every age is an awkward age when it comes to dealing with the non logical thinking of the opposite sex :p

Bluey said:
Tell me? what is not an awkward age? As for as I can see every age is an awkward age when it comes to dealing with the non logical thinking of the opposite sex :p

Dearest Bluey,

If I didn't absolutely ADORE you, I'd be doing THIS to you for that comment:
:club:

"non logical thinking of the opposite sex"...indeed!
*rasises eyebrow*

I will use a quote that was used on one of my reps (from a very sweet person)...
"Though this be madness, yet there is method in it"

hmmm...I'm still thinking of clubbing you, Bluey.:p

:club::club::club::club::club::club::club::club:

EveWasFramed said:
Bluey said:

Dearest Bluey,

*rasises eyebrow*

I will use a quote that was used on one of my reps (from a very sweet person)...

:club::club::club::club::club::club::club::club:

LMAO :shy:

Well the opposite sex is us to you. If ye get me. I just meant that we never make any kinder logic to one another so that wasn't ago at the female gender. hahah See how I got out of that :p

Now you well never know :D lol

Bluey said:
EveWasFramed said:
Bluey said:

Dearest Bluey,

*rasises eyebrow*

LMAO :shy:

Well the opposite sex is us to you. If ye get me. I just meant that we never make any kinder logic to one another so that wasn't ago at the female gender. hahah See how I got out of that :p

Now you well never know :D lol

lol, smooth, Bluey, very smooth! :p

Very smooth blue but i must admit to porblems in the female area to, any help would be appreciated (dont mean to hijack the thread knight) i go to university with this girl for a few weeks have been sitting next to each other in all the lectures and have the same tutorials and do the same there and i give her a lift home and we get on really well... and as i have finally decided i dont want to go through life with any regrets i asked her if she wanted to meet up this weekend and she said she was really busy which i sort of knew but now im not sure if she knew i was trying to ask her out or if i was being friendly :S she and i have being beating myself up over it all weekend im such an idiot and coward for not doing it right even though she will prob say no i want to ask her just to.... get it out of my system and stop thinking about....

in the end its not really a question but i guess i just wanted a rant but if anyone could give me some help would be really appreciated

Thanks everyone for your advice. Evewasframed I do have manners so that's the easy part, and I am getting better at looking people in the eye. She does like to imitate my deep voice :)

Latest posts

Back